Programming at Manhattan Justice Opportunities
Manhattan Justice Opportunities offers social services, connections to resources, and community
service programming as alternative sentences. We are currently providing services both in-person and
over the phone.
Engaging in Programming
An engagement with Manhattan Justice begins with an intake appointment. The intake is a collaborative
process during which participants have a conversation with a MJO staff member to identify their
programming interests and goals. This intake is followed by connections to programming provided by
Manhattan Justice and our community partners.
Manhattan Justice offers a range of programming options. Each option involves a time commitment of
at least 45-60 minutes. Some services are available in multiple languages and outside of conventional
business hours. Examples of our services include:
● Case Management and Individual Counseling: Assessments to identify needs and provide
referrals to community-based resources, as well as ongoing support to monitor progress.
● Mental Health Programming: Referrals for psychotherapy and other services to community-
based providers, including CASES Nathaniel Clinic.
● Substance Use Programming: Referrals to community-based detox, outpatient, and residential
● Education and Job Readiness: Resources including career coaching support focused on
refining resumes, networking, and interview prep.
● Financial Counseling: Support for managing money, setting up bank accounts, dealing with
creditors and accessing emergency resources.
● Driver Accountability Program: Group intervention designed to change risky driving behaviors
● Restorative Justice: Facilitated discussions to address harm and promote healing.
● Community Service and Civic Engagement: Activities designed to help people meaningfully
connect with and participate in civic life.
● Health Services: Voluntary connections to healthcare, including enrolling in insurance and
accessing primary care.
For questions about referrals or Manhattan Justice's services,
please call one of our Resource Coordinators:
Rachel Ijams | (347) 703-6476 | firstname.lastname@example.org
Hannah Friedman | (347) 334-4569 | email@example.com
Kai Meredith | (347) 205-3802 | firstname.lastname@example.org