You can take a blog, an email list, a few social sites and a bit of content marketing and make a simple digital marketing plan that is designed to bring you leads and sales from people who WANT to buy from you.
Simple Digital Marketing
Part of the "Creating a Simple Digital Marketing
Plan" course at FreeTrafficTip.com
By Tinu Abayomi-Paul
Generate new targeted leads, bring them
to your site, convert them to subscribers,
follow up until there's a sale.
Secondary goal: create content for
humans that will also rank well, bringing
us pre-targeted prospects from several
sources including search.
What are Our Goals?
What Does Success Look Like?
Measurable increase in email
Uptick in traffic
Leads keep flowing even if one
social channel ceases to deliver
• Listen to your desired community
• Find out what they need that's related to what
your company does
• Figure out how you can help through content
• Build a content path- from interest to intent
• Set up your pre-sales content
• Set up your blog to deliver that content and
channel traffic to the newsletter / email updates
• Begin building the alliances you'll need a month
from now to share your message.
Phase One: Plan & Prep
• A home base you own & control
• A way to collect email leads
• Landing pages - especially if you have
• A basic understanding of your search
• A way to track & measure relevant
details : sales, page views, conversion
• A content map for the entire customer
• A block of Time to setup & customize
• At least 20 minutes a day to execute-
you can go faster if you like.
Planning & Prep: What you need
• Now that you've listened, start to
• Head to where your crowd gathers and
have conversations built on common
• Contribute from your expertise, curate
• Find the balance between talking about
your customer interests vs your
• Discover the apex of that content
deficit & create into that space
Phase Two: Conversation & Curation
Who loves people who only talk about
No one. Besides the person. And themselves.
People rarely buy the first time they hear
about you. Give them a reason to return so
you can keep trying.
Email signups are KEY to follow up on a
You can start from zero.
Create the content, then ask past customers, clients and
allies one on one to help or sign up.
Drive traffic to landing page
Ask: what questions would each buying persona need to
have answered before they buy?
What do people who need my product or service also need
Relate any freebies or tips to your product.
Your email list
1. You know what your folks like by
now. Go make it.
2. Give them an irresistible reason to be
reminded to return via email
3. Make it super easy to get to sales
4. Test, tweak, repeat
Phase Three: Content & Conversion
Know one major keyword
Shape and name your content
accordingly when you can.
Anchor text links from shares
and embeds count
Sometimes sites like YouTube
can attain a ranking you can't
Basic Search Research Tips
SEObook's keyword tool
Open Site Expolorer
marketed well builds
trust based on
knowledge & value
Content is tied to both
email & sales pages
A good email update
reminds people why
they love you and what
you have to offer.
We set it up to lead
back into content for
more trust-building or
directly to a sale.
You might have a sales
page on your site or a
link to your book on
Amazon. Either way, this
is where the money
A smooth process can
mean referrals or repeat
Alternate view of Our "Ecosystem"
1. You gonna follow this up with
Godfather II or III?
2. Pore over stats at least monthly.
Daily isn't enough data.
3. What succeeded? What failed? ASK.
Even if you trust the numbers, ask.
4. Get some partners and kick it up a
Phase Four: Stats & Sequels
You did it!
Maybe not yet. But you will. This slide is actually here for no other
reason besides the fact that it feels happy to me. I thought it might
make you smile too.
I'd love to share the rest of this course with you.
If you hurry you can join us live. If you miss us
you can sign up for the self-paced version.