Almost every website has a simple contact form, but what if you want to do something a little bit fancier? In this talk, we are going to look at how you can make complex forms and applications without any coding, and how you can make these even more powerful with minimal custom code.
By the end of this talk, you will have the knowledge and tools to build mobile responsive applications which will have built in content history, CAPTCHA to prevent spam, email triggers, dynamic reporting, export to PDF or excel, and the ability to show/hide questions based on user input.
What if a form extension used Joomla
• No unique interface
• More familiar and easy to use
• Template & media overrides
What if your unique configuration
actually generated Joomla code?
Form vs Application
– Simple requirements – data entry
– Fields to complete, and submit
– Response captured in email/database
– Breaking into multiple steps - only show user what
they need to see
– Flexible workflow
– Audit trail
Standard Field Types