Page 2<br />Contents<br />3-4 Introduction to Fluid<br />5-6 True cost of attrition<br />7-8 Increase in organisational performance<br />9-10 A strategy for retention<br />11-16 Why are you going? <br />17-18 Managing the loss of a ‘constant’<br />19-20 Handling a senior resignation<br />21-22 Exercise A<br />23-25 Quiz<br />26-29 Retention initiatives <br />30-31 Real-life example<br />32-33 Job dissatisfaction<br />34-35 Dispelling the myths-why workers actually leave <br />36-37 Turnover rates by occupation<br />38-42 What’s a reasonable turnover rate for voluntary leavers?<br />43-45 Diving after those that jump ship<br />46-47 Motivation<br />48-49 Keep outgoing employees happy<br />50-51 Exercise B<br />52-53 Case studies<br />54-55 Conclusion and questions<br />
Page 4<br />Introduction to Fluid<br />Fluid Consulting Limited (Fluid) is a specialist human resources consultancy headed by Tim Holden MCIPD <br />10 years in banking<br />10 years in Human Resources consultancy<br />Fluid trading since 2006<br />The core services provided by Fluid are:<br /><ul><li>Retention
Page 24<br />Quiz 1 of 2<br /><ul><li>1. The majority of people leave their manager, not the organisation-TRUE or FALSE
2. What % of leavers go due to dissatisfaction with the job and/or the organisation?
3. Significantly more women leave organisations due to harassment or bullying-TRUE or FALSE
4. Upon resigning, for how long has the average leaver been thinking of going?
5. Which of the following occupational groups are more likely to leave for a more competitive salary elsewhere-salespeople, blue-collar workers, IT techies or professionals?</li></li></ul><li>Page 25<br />Quiz 2 of 2<br /><ul><li>6. When asked, what do most employees think is the most important factor for maintaining their commitment to an organisation?
7. When leavers to new jobs are asked how their new package will compare, what % is the most common response?
8. Which reason are leavers more likely to select when the survey is not anonymous?
9. Which is the most common reason given by those leaving within six months than by more established employees?
10. Leavers from which white-collar group express the highest level of dissatisfaction in respect of their work-life balance?</li></li></ul><li>Page 26<br />Retention initiatives<br />
Page 27<br />Retention initiatives 1 of 3<br /><ul><li>Increased pay
Increased learning and development opportunities
Is the clause likely to make employees refuse business they would otherwise take?
Does the clause diminish employees’ employment prospects?</li></li></ul><li>Page 45<br />Diving after those that jump ship 2 of 2<br /><ul><li>Review the restrictions on senior employees and tailor the covenants to suit the person