15 Social Media Stats that Every Advertiser Should Know
15 Social Media Stats that Every Advertiser
By Ally Reis
July 5, 2013
We already know that social media is a vital tool for advertisers, but sometimes we need to see the
numbers to truly understand the importance of social media marketing. The web is ever evolving and with
the growth of social media, advertisers are given more and more opportunities to reach consumers.
Not only is the number of users across all social networks growing every day, but the amount of data
these users amass is growing as well. This data has the potential for helping businesses reach their
target audiences, allowing for the creation of even more effective advertising.
Here are 15 social stats that every advertiser should know:
1. Google receives 2 million searches every minute.
2. While online, users spend 1 out of every 7 minutes on Facebook.
3. 67% of Facebook users will “like” a brand page if it will save them at least 25% on a
4. 28% of consumers use social media to share deals.
5. 161 million minutes per month are spent on social media through mobile apps or the mobile
6. After spending 6 hours per week on social media, 74% of marketers saw an increase in site
7. 62% of marketers have stated that social media has become crucial to their campaigns.
8. There are 1 billion Facebook users, 517 million Twitter users and 400 million Google+ users.
9. Facebook receives over 5 million likes every day.
10. YouTube mobile videos are viewed 600 million times a day.
11. We use mobile devices an average of 40-80 times a day.
12. Every minute, 684,487 pieces of content are shared on Facebook.
13. 40% of people socialize more online than they do in person.
14. Every day on Twitter, 1 million new accounts are created.
15. There are more devices connected to the Internet than there are people on Earth.