Plan for regular supervision to each and every Sub center from township and RHC level was also included in CTHP and supervisory tours are visiting according to plan.
10.tmo ngaputaw ppt
• Ngaputaw township is situated in delta region
but most of the areas are mountainous and
hard to reach areas which are difficult to get
health care activities.
• Total population is 313,420 and
• about 90% of the population are residing in
rural and mountainous area.
HEALTH SYSTEM ASSESSMENT
• In December 2011, Health System Assessment
team came to Ngaputaw and conduct baseline
assessment on Ngaputaw township Health
COORDINATED TOWNSHIP HEALTH PLAN
WITH EVERY RHC
The plan was based on social, economic and physical hardship and plan to conduct
service package tours with group of BHS to these hard to reach areas under each and
every RHC. Supervision and quarterly meeting were also scheduled in the CTHP.
PACKAGE TOUR (Near High Way Road)
On conducting package tour activities HAs, LHVs from the responsible RHC
together with midwives from the other subcenters. Some package tour activities
(especially in physically hard to reach areas) conducted together with EPI .
• Health education for
– birth spacing and methods of contraception
– breast feeding,
– weaning diet and three main group of nutrition
– danger of food abstinence during pregnancy and
breastfeeding period with true histories.
• Also give HE on priority health problems like ARI, TB,
GE, Malaria including methods for prevention.
• Refresher and recruitment training of AMWs and CHWs
• Through these trained volunteers the community can get
true information and health knowledge and they can
correct the wrong beliefs
• The communication between these AMWs/CHWs and the
BHS become more in touch so it become better linkages
between the health staff and community
• Can get early referral of emergency cases. (leading to
reduction in IMR, MMR)
Hospital Equity Fund (HEF)
• Since May 2012 with the support of GAVI HSS a hospital
equity fund was developed and used for the poor mother
and under 5 children who are critically ill, under the
management of budgetary sub committee at the township.
• Advocacy about HEF have been make through local
authority up to the village level, the local authority from
the villages can refer directly to the hospital and can get
• In compare to the previous year hospital utilization
increases and early referral of high risk pregnancy also
HOSPITAL EQUITY FUND
Under 5 yrs
Comparing Hospital Data with previous year
Operative cases Deliver y case Total inpatients
From Jan to June(2011)
From Jan to June(2012)