Wetmore, Thomas resume_Single page Narrative_030216
Thomas C. Wetmore
https://www.linkedin.com/in/thomaswetmore1 (903)754-7468 - Thomas.Wetmore@Hotmail.com
HIGHLIGHTS OF QUALIFICATIONS
• Proven leadership and supervisory skills. Success in meeting production goals while mentoring and guiding employees to
accomplish assigned tasks.
• Team builder with unique ability to motivate and inspire each member to meet or exceed organizational goals.
• Master Training Specialist with 20 years’ experience as a P-3C Platform Navy Instructor & Curriculum Developer.
• Experienced Trainer, developed PowerPoint presentations of modules, applicable enabling objectives (teaching points), learning
objectives, module/lesson strategies, events/scenarios for training and appropriate quizzes/testing for students.
• Accomplished Naval Aviation Instructor as an In-Flight AO/ Flight Engineer with over 6,700 Mishap free flight hours logged in P-
•...............................................................................Government Secret Security Clearance. TS/SCI (Active).
•..............Proven MWD Field Specialist Lead. Number one Lead Field Instructor in District for Two Years.
•Proven Oil field Mentor, Leader, Instructor and Service hand Lead. Often personally requested by name by several clients.
SLB trained Oil Field HSE. Zero Safety incidents in the field.
• Managed 39 instructors maintaining curriculum for six maintenance skills, accounting for over 5,400 training days, or 43,200 hours
of instruction annually.
• Supervised 37 personnel in the procurement of aircraft parts and office supplies, with an annual budget of $6.5 Million.
• Managed 8 organizational level Human Resource programs, which were vital to the welfare of 370 personnel.
• Directly managed 13 work centers, which included 240 personnel with various maintenance skills in the maintenance and
preparation for launch of 8 P-3 aircraft.
• Quality Assurance Manager for 8 Quality Assurance Reps, 55 Collateral Duty Inspectors, 23 Safety Petty Officers during CNAF
Aviation Inspection of 42 Naval Aviation Maintenance Programs with ZERO “OFF TRACKS”.
• Responsible for Human Resources Development programs for over 220 Command personnel. Provided Indoctrination, Training
and Career Planning Counseling to all newly reporting personnel.
•Managed all long-term aircraft periodic maintenance requirements, in addition to coordination of numerous avionics
modifications to aircraft with external contractors.
•........................................ Monitored, evaluated, and recorded training activities and program effectiveness.
• 17 years’ experience as Quality Assurance Representative inspecting maintenance actions of others ensuring compliance with all
publication and bulletins and aircraft’s readiness for flight.
•.................................................................................................Performed critical Safe-of-Flight Inspections.
• Maintain aircraft engines and their related systems while performing advanced troubleshooting techniques.
• Managed and directed the daily operations of a daily 17 event flight operation.
• 22 years’ experience performing in-flight troubleshooting and repair of Ordnance, Avionics and Aircraft systems.
• 24 years’ experience reading and interpreting Schematic Diagrams, Crew Station Maintenance Manuals, Maintenance Instruction
Manuals and Aircraft Wiring Diagrams in order to repair aircraft discrepancies.
• Significant experience as a P-3C maintenance technician, (22 Years), with expert knowledge of P-3C aircraft systems and
procedures. Experienced in all facets of maintenance functions and associated tasks.
• Proficient in taking Surveys and calculating rectangular coordinates and Minimum Curvature Surveys.
• Competent in Trigonometry, (Sine, Cosine, Tangent).
• Reviewed Contractor developed Computer Based Training courses and Computer Aided Instruction courses prior to purchase by
the Navy for use in Naval Aviation Maintenance training schoolhouse.
• Proficient in the use of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Access, Adobe Systems, SharePoint, Microsoft Outlook, Cisco
WebEx and Microsoft Office Products. Able to adapt to evolving technology.
OIL FIELD/ MILITARY TRAINING
MWD Specialist Lead, Anti Collision Qualified, Steerable Motors and Rotary Steerable BHA, Strapping Making up BHA’s, Motors, Bits
and Torque, D&M Well Control, D&M Surveying and Anti-Collision, Geology Course, Geomagnetism, Mapping Techniques, Atomic
Theory, Quality Assurance Supervisor, Master Training Specialist, Maintenance Control Supervisor, Safe for Flight, Navy Instructor
(9502), Navy Chief Petty Officer, Command Career Counselor (9588), Aviation Maintenance/Production Chief (8800), P3 Flight Crew,
Advanced Leader Development Program, Aircrew SERE/ASERE, Aviation Safety School, IMRL Manager, System Organizational
Maintenance, Avionics Corrosion, P3 Corrosion Control Organizational Maintenance, Navy Facilitator. Lean Six Sigma Qualified, Steven
Covey 7 Habits and 4D Facilitator. Outstanding Instructor, Aviation Ordnance Chief, Chief Instructor Flight Engineer, Ground and
Aviation Safety Chief and Crew Resource Management Instructor.