A design from twenty
years ago. Already
All new. Phone as both
microphone and sound-
processor. Signal sent
to Bluetooth receiver.
The Best Part About This Design
Because we don’t have to build a sound processor for each unit…
Because the design for the internal component existed twenty years ago…
Because we’ll probably qualify for an FDA loophole…
Estimated price of mass-production: $100 / unit
• Parallax Hearing Company listens to the Deaf Community.
• Partner with established Deaf organizations.
• Engage with disability scholarship.
• Other products based on need.
How to Make Money
Start in the U.S. selling to insured people ($25,000 / unit)
• U.S. Cochlear implant market was $350 million in 2015.
• Global market was $1.1 billion.
• ~2/3 of implants are in adults. Growing as population ages.
• Cochlear Implant market projected to double by 2025.
Huge opportunity outside the US and Europe.
• People around the world pay ~$25,000 out of pocket / implant.
• Goal of selling $250 implants direct to uninsured consumers.
BSE in Biomedical Engineering (2016)
PhD in Social and PoliticalThought (starting September)
5 years experience in medical device design, testing, and manufacturing
• To prototype and keep developing the company… $20,000
• I’m looking for interesting people to work with:
• App development
• Medical manufacturing
• Business connections
THOMAS HAMPTON | TRH60@CASE.EDU | WWW.PARALLAXHE ARING.COM