In this session we will learn how to safely navigate the WordPress dashboard while making the important first steps to build your next website.
Simply edit Pages, Media and Blog Content
Update plugins and extra functions
Add logo’s & straplines in line with your brand guidelines
Select a theme to give your website the desired look and feel of your business
Set “Global” font styling so you never have to worry about formatting again!
Easily create a full backup of your website for disaster recovery
Understand the basic principles of Elementor
Power hour 13 | 7 steps to supercharge your website
Last week – Getting started with WordPress
Step Action Notes Follow up
1 Domain www.namecheap.com
2 Hosting Basic £5/month Managed £10/month
3 CMS WordPress
4 Plugins Elementor, WordFence, GDPR Cookie Banner, BuddyPress
5 Theme Hello
6 Page Builder Elementor (Pro included with hosting)
7 Content Keyword density, regulary updated and helpful content
8 Extra Features GDPR, Newsletters,
9 Mobile Friendly Desktop, Tablet & Mobile Customisation
10 Launch Important – Test and check every link and action!
Today - 7 Steps to supercharge your website
1) Simply edit pages, media and blogs
2) Install plugins to add extra features
3) Add logo’s & straplines in line with brand guidelines
4) Select a theme to give your website a touch of style
5) Set “Global” font styling so you never have to worry about formatting again!
6) Easily create a full backup of your website for disaster recovery
7) Understand the basic principles of Elementor
(to be continued in Part 3 next week)
Next week – Getting to grips with Elementor
• A domain is a unique ID for your website
• Make it simple/memorable and focus on your brand
• Try to use .com or .co.uk (or .org for charities)
• You can have multiple domains for one site but can hurt SEO
theoruby.com / theoruby.co.uk / theoruby.uk /theorubymarketing.com
Namecheap.com – (budget) approx. £7 / year
Google Doamins – (User friendly) approx. £10 / year
5. Global Styling
• Hosting is where your site lives on the internet and where you manage email &
• Basic troubleshooting will be via your hosting provider - NOT CMS ISSUES!
• Some hosting companies have one click WordPress installs
• Be careful hosting companies can offer a cheap deal for the first year and then
the price may by 1000% (Focus on support! BH VS SG)
Contact me for hosting reccomendations to suit your needs
Starting from £5/month forever
7. Elementor - Introduction
• Free 1 month demo website to try everything for yourself – on request
• Free 121 marketing / website health-check with full reccomendations
• £5/month SME Hosting / £10/month SME managed hosting
• Website & Marketing Support £50ph or £100 monthly
• Showcase website from £500 inc 2 years hosting
• Google Business setup with £75 ad credit - £100
How to get started?
07709 852 364
Contact me to get a 1 month Elementor trial or a free website health check
Subscribe to Bitesize Marketing Guides to receive
monthly tips and advice for your business.