Aim: To simplify the term "marketing funnel" and give practical examples to help
you attract repeat customers and grow your business online.
1) Don't try to rewrite the slides or memorise! Everything will be available here
2) Try to write a few practical notes when you see the notepad
3) If you want extra help I offer a free 30-minute clinic for small businesses
4) Always aim to think about your own business and your ideal customer!
1) Setup | Get the best tracking and monitoring tools
2) Understand | Discover customer touchpoints
3) Prepare | Ensure your marketing channels are consistent
4) Review | Define your own success
5) Attract | Create a compelling story
6) Convert | Generate sales with a unique offer
7) Nurture | Build long-lasting relationships
7 Steps to Marketing Success
1) Intelligent Tracking Tools
Purpose: To be able to monitor your marketing efforts it's important to
have these tracking tools set up from the start
1) Google Analytics - Stay focused
Where are visitors coming from?
How long are they staying?
What pages are they viewing?
What is their exit page - is there a reason?
New vs returning visitors
Always ask - what are you trying to find out?
Google Analytics - Acquisition - Sources
1.Google Analytics - Acquisition - Know where your visitors are coming from
Emails - G-suite
Third-party integration - Zapier
Purpose: To track all conversations and touch-points with customers
so you have a clear understanding of their journey
Monitor all this and more!
1) CRM - Customer Relationship Management
1) How to do you currently track customers?
Is there 1 thing you can do straight away to improve your method?
Social Media - See Power Hour 6
Networking / Zoom
SEO Tools like Uber Suggest - See Power Hour 7 & 11
Market Research / Surveys
Eventbrite / Meetup / Nextdoor / Quora
Don't be afraid to ask!
*Think like your customer*
Purpose: To find out where your customers are and how to reach them
2) Understand | Customer Touchpoints
1) Pick 5 aspirational companies offering the same product/service
2) Use Trello / Pocket / Pinterest to create a storyboard
3) Focus on what gets the most engagement
Purpose: Find the leaders in your niche and replicate their winning formula
Social media / Content / Email Marketing / PR / Ads
Top Tip: Ad campaigns - facebook.com/ads/library
2) Understand | Competitor Analysis
2) What are your main competitors doing?
Social media posts
Content - written & video
Can you do any of these yourself?
Purpose: Build a strong brand with consistent messaging to create
awareness and loyalty
Look at all of your marketing material and communication channels:
My Example: - Navy, Light Blue, Red, Personal & Professional
Digital Marketing for Growing Your Business
3) Prepare | Consistent Branding Across All Channels
3) Are you consistent?
Do your social media channels and listings match your website?
Do you have a simple, clear strapline and bio?
4) Review | Monitor Results and Update Campaigns
Set goals for each campaign & be realistic
Prepare to adjust your expectations with seasonal / PESTEL factors
Look ahead - are there any other influences that could affect results?
Look at email opens / clicks / subscribers / unsubs / subject / days
Monitor activity across channels and continuously drive engagement
Purpose: To know exactly which campaigns are working and why so you can
grow faster and save resources - ongoing!
4) What does success look like?
What is your target income for the month/season/year?
How many customers do you need to reach your goals?
5) Attract | Create a Compelling Story
Clearly identify the problem that you are solving and your USP
Ensure your marketing material is well delivered and easy to understand
Pick a niche and stick to it!
Build a series of communication that engages your growing audience
Press release - something newsworthy? Who should know about it?
Purpose: Generate genuine interest from customers by offering something of
value by supporting them or responding to their pain points.
5) What's your USP?
In 1 sentence explain what makes you stand out
How do you tell potential customers that you exist?
6) Convert | From lead to paying customer
Listen first, build a relationship
What is the entry point, Free trial, discount, consultation?
Use verified reviews to boost social
1,2,4 Rule - 1st contact - wait 1 week - 2nd contact - wait 2 weeks - Final
Important terminology: CTA - Call to action - the desired result
Purpose: To close prospective customers by building trust and giving them a
strong reason to purchase.
6) Why should customers choose you?
How does a customer start working with you?
Is your buying process pain-free?
If a customer can't purchase today how can you engage them?
7) Nurture | Build Relationships and Repeat Customers
Never take customers for granted - a single sale is not a success
Customers can always swap their supplier so give them a strong reason to stay
Semi-regular contact through email marketing, content and calls
Take the time to make direct contact - be smart, timely and monitor
Always ask about thier business and the successes/challenges they face
Purpose: The most valuable businesses manage to retain and delight their
customers at every opportunity
7) Customer loyalty is your most valuable asset!
Do satisfied customers recommend you?
Can customers leave reviews or share your work?
Do you engage existing customers with events/emails/competitions?
Creator / Maker Focus
Do you have an Instagram / Facebook shop?
Does your website showcase your skills?
Do you encourage repeat customers with discounts/email?
Do you have a google business account setup?
Are you visible at craft events and in local directories?
Can you partner with any other complimentary creators?
Have you got a short video to demo your skillset?
Setup & Training on all tools available
Create your marketing toolkit
New Analytics Software
Contact me for a free demo 07709 852 364 email@example.com
Tracking & Reporting of all of your channels in one user friendly dashboard!
Over 50 channels supported and counting!
1) Can you easily track website visitors and how they engage?
2) Do you know where your ideal customers are and competitor strengths?
3) Is your brand messaging coherent for ALL not just your internal team?
4) What does success look like? How often should you monitor?
5) What is your key USP and how do you communicate it?
6) How do customers buy - is it a smooth and simple transaction?
6) Do you keep in touch with your customers regularly - do they care?
Don't ignore any relationship... a competitor can be a partner
Don't be afraid to test new activity and be creative with your marketing
Always ask yourself what the purpose is for every action and campaign
Be proud of your business but know your place in the market
Extend your reach with Eventbrite / Meetup / Social / Chambers / Business
Centres / Enterprise Hubs / Personal Contacts / Directories etc.
Ask for feedback from loyal customers
Do the Bitesize Marketing Guides Deliver?
Purpose: To offer valuable free content to small business owners
Setup | Tracking and monitoring via Google, Hubspot, Mailerlite, Social Media
Understand | Facebook / LinkedIn / Networking Events / Enterprise Hubs & more
Prepare | Branding colours, messaging and personal/professional values
Review | Every campaign is monitored and tweaked to improve results
Attract | 100% Free support to get started and bespoke solutions for customers
Convert | Subscribers get in touch for a consultation and recommendations
Nurture | Weekly contact via email, Facebook and calls to customers & partners
Please get in touch if you have any questions
07709 852 364
Subscribe to receive marketing guides