Develop a World Class Culture - Driving behaviours and performance
Who do I need to be in order to be successful in my role?
What specifically do I need to do in order to be successful?
What are the things I need to be good at (key value drivers)
in order to be successful?
Value: Make it Happen
Description: Be outcome orientated
THE 3 KEY PERFORMANCE
QUESTIONS BEHIND EACH VALUE
! How could this value embodied and what would that look like?
! How could this value be misinterpreted?
! How could this value be taken too far (negatively exploited)?
THE CHALLENGE OF
! There is a need to develop structural solutions (long term focus)
! KPI’s need to be met (short term focus)
The effective executive successfully does both.
GREAT PERFORMANCE AND LACK OF PERFORMANCE
= OPPORTUNITY TO REINFORCE VALUES
! “As a leader I will put the need to develop you above
my need to be liked by you”
! Feedback is a GOOD thing!
AT DIFFERENT LEVELS
! Current role = 9/10
! Future role = 6/10
This conversation is only possible once there is clarity around
what the behaviour looks like.
THE EVOLUTION OF BEHAVIOURS
! Get’s easier and harder all at once
• Becomes somewhat self fulfilling as your company grows
• Your operational involvement will slowly dilute providing more time to think
• You will continually have more people to educate on the right behaviours
• You will need to develop appropriate behaviours to different leadership levels
RELATIONSHIP BETWEEN VISION,
! Vision changes rarely
! Values change infrequently
! Behaviour performance criteria changes frequently
• Who must you be to continue moving forward?
• How must we behave to continue moving forward?