TERRY O. CHILDERS, JR.
1445 Summit Way firstname.lastname@example.org
Grovetown, Ga. 30813 Mobile: 706-421-4075
Project Management/New Business Development/Account & Territory
Dynamic and top-performing Community Representative with experience in sales and marketing, public
relations, staff management, administration and non-traditional marketing with all different types of
clients. Highly motivated self starter who works well independently, and as a team member. Also employs
excellent skill at high-caliber consultations, presentations, negotiations, and closing skills.
• Key account management & retention
• Strategic marketing with increased monthly inquiries and admissions from numerous referral
sources and payers since hire date
• Highly competitive, self-starter who is organized disciplined, and goal oriented.
• Excellent communication skills demonstrated by ability to work with people of diverse
backgrounds. Listen to determine the needs of clients before offering a solution.
• Experienced in providing written and oral presentations. Resourceful and committed to doing
whatever is needed to help the client, and find appropriate placement based on clients’ needs
• Versatile and adaptable to any challenge put before me.
• Notable interpersonal skills; capacity to relate to all levels of management, staff and clients.
• Dedicated to exceptional customer service; recognized for ability to quickly establish rapport with
clients, and build a loyal clientele.
• Solid account management skills with effective combination of assuming multiple responsibilities
and innovations to consistently meet company objectives.
• Recognized for outstanding work ethic, integrity, thoroughness and commitment to corporate
• Increased referral sources/admissions within 75 mile radius of Augusta, GA.
• Increased Adolescent and Adult admissions since hire date in April 2009.
• Presented Volunteer of the Year Award by the Augusta Partnership for Children at their yearly
banquet in December 2010 with over 200 attendees present.
• Facilitated Monday night Parent Support Group, Tuesday night Continuing Care Meetings, and
instrumental in starting Narcotics Anonymous meetings at our office on Friday nights.
• Heavily involved in the Augusta Coalition for Addiction Recovery Awareness, attend monthly
meetings, and help plan events
• Involved in planning 1st
Annual Recovery Awareness Legislative Dinner through the Augusta
Coalition for Addiction Recovery Awareness as well as the 1st
Annual Race for Recovery (5K)
and just hosted our 5th year of each
BRADFORD HEALTH SERVICES, Augusta, GA April 2009- Current
Community Representative/Marketing Manager / Administrator
• Strategic Marketing skills to increase monthly inquiries and admissions from numerous referral
sources and payers since hire date.
• Interviewed by the Augusta Chronicle, appeared on several local news stations promoting
addiction recovery, as well as other media outlets promoting Bradford Health Services
• Facilitated and implemented outstanding and successful Recovery Workshops (CEU’S) for LPC’s;
LCSW’s; School Counselors and Physicians.
• Regular speaker at Columbia County Alternative School, Head Start Programs, Augusta
Partnership for Children, Chambers’ of Commerce and Community Drug and Alcohol Awareness
• Strongly involved with the Juvenile Justice Department, Probation Officers in Richmond and
Columbia County, and the Department of Juvenile Justice Family Programs
• Trained and Adept in Crisis Response and Emergency Consultation Services
• Administrator/ Director July 2011- September 2012 before returning to Marketing Position in
BONITZ FLOORING GROUP, INC., Augusta, GA January 2007-February 2009
Account Sales Manager/Project Management
• Researching, acquiring, and developing customer base.
• Turnkey project management from product selection to installation, and then maintenance
• Successful in health care, corporate and institutional segments.
• Involved in the Architect and Design Community as well as General Contractor.
BEAULIEU OF AMERICA/CAMBRIDGE COMMERCIAL CARPETS, Augusta, GA
Territory Sales Manager/Manufacturer Representative March 1994-November 2006
• Developed and maintained accounts as well as presenting products to architects, designers, and
end users to secure specifications.
• Consistent in achieving sales objectives and maintaining low cost of sales.
• Several years of over one million dollars sold in volume.
• Instrumental in specifications secured for the State of South Carolina Carpet Contract.
• Loyal and dedicated employee who turned down numerous offers from competitors.
• Well respected by customers and conducted business with integrity and honesty, which produced
loyal customers and residual orders.
• Covered the state of South Carolina and portions of Georgia.
NEW YORK METS PROFESSIONAL BASEBALL PLAYER
Minor League Catcher December 1992-March 1994
UNIVERSITY OF GEORGIA, Athens, GA
Bachelor of Science in Educational Psychology, December 1992
• Scholarship Baseball Player 1989-1992
• Starting Catcher of 1990 National Championship Team
• Team Captain 1992