Yael Kochman, Teradata Mobile CoE's Content Marketing Manager, was invited to speak at a marketing event about increasing engagement with content.
She gave a handful of tips, from storytelling to customer experience and even shared some helpful tools.
1. Work Hard on Your Titles
80% of your readers will not get past the title… make this # smaller:
• Come up with at least 20 different titles before you choose the one you go with
• Use numbers in the title – cheesy, but works
• Use negative words when possible
• Keep them short – up to 6 words is ideal (according to KissMatrics)
Tools to help you craft your title:
2. Speak Their Language
Who are you speaking to? Men? Women? What age they are? What interests them? What are
they looking for?
Are they Managers? C-level executives? Entry-level colleagues?
3. Be Conversational
Brooke Ballared, B Squered Media
5. What’s In It For Me?
People’s attention spans are too short. There’s so much more to do, to read, and to learn.
Make sure your readers understand the value of your content: what’s in it for them in the first 1-2
paragraphs of your post, or they’re gone.
• Provide real value
• Deliver (at least) what was promised
• Add new information
Oh no, another clickbait!
7. Involve Your Audience
8. Use Images That Connect
‘I will not use another stock image until the end of the year.’
Shirley Pattison, Imonomy
9. Give Them a Break (Or Breaks..)
• Add subtitles, images and
interactive sections as much as
possible to break the text and let
their eyes rest
• Tip1: Insert click-to-tweets
• Tip 2: Use different styling for
quotes or key takeaways
10. Make it Easy on Them to Read
• Clear, big enough font
• Light background
• As little destructions as possible (ads, keyword cloud)
• Easy Navigation
• Use bullets and numbered lists when possible
• Don’t align to both sides!
19. Gifmaker – add images to create a GIF
20. Gif Optimizer - add text, crop and resize any image, including GIFs
21. ScreenToGif - Record your screen and save directly to a gif looped