B E I N G G O O D WI T H M O N E Y I S N ’ T E A S Y !
7 TIPS FOR DEVELOPING
GOOD MONEY HABITS
TAKE IT ONE STEP AT A TIME
• Not everyone has a natural inclination towards
being frugal. For some, spending money and
getting into debt is quite easy.
• If you’re one of those people that struggles with
being good with money, there’s hope. You can
learn how to be a wise spender by making simple
changes and smart decisions.
• The trick is to slowly start developing good money
habits, six of which are shown in the following slides:
1. BUY FOR QUALITY
• Interestingly enough, it’s better to buy for quality
rather than price. A pair of $90 shoes will last for
years while a pair of $20 shoes will last a couple of
months. Buying $20 shoes every two or three months
will add up to more than $90.
2. SAVE WITH EVERY PAYCHECK
• It’s hard to do this, but it certainly pays off. Every
time you get paid, put $5, $10, or however much
you can afford into savings. This will help you build a
secure financial future.
3. STOP BAD HABITS
• If you smoke or drink alcohol, you’re wasting lots of
money on these unhealthy habits. Simply stopping
will not only save you money, but it will also improve
4. DON’T BUY FOR PRESTIGE
• Although you should pay a little more for better
quality, you shouldn’t pay a ton just for show. Buying
name brand products just to show them off or just to
prove that you’re superior only wastes your money
and loses you respect.
5. AVOID LOANS
• So many people get loans so they can have fancy
cars or buy things they want instead of need. Don’t
get a loan unless you absolutely have to (like for
educational purposes) and even then, question
whether it’s truly necessary.
6. KEEP YOUR RECEIPTS
• Keeping your receipts helps you keep track of what
you’re spending your money on. It will give you a
visual representation of whether your money is
going towards necessary or unnecessary things.
BE SMART WITH YOUR MONEY!
• Learning how to live within your means can be
difficult, but it’s not impossible. Sometimes you have
to learn the hard way first.
• If you’ve ever had to file for bankruptcy and go
through the bankruptcy process, you know how
damaging debt and poor money habits can be.
• The best way to get out of a situation like this is to
start developing good money habits today.
CALL A BANKRUPTCY ATTORNEY
• If you find yourself in a situation where you can no
longer pay your bills or keep up with your debt, call
a bankruptcy attorney today.
• A bankruptcy attorney, like JMM Legal, is there to
help you through the entire bankruptcy process so
that you don’t have to forego any of your rights.
• You can contact JMM Legal and get help from
them today by calling (801) 505- 9679 or by visiting