What is sales intelligence?
• Technologies and practices that collect, analyze, and present
information to help sales teams perform better.
What do sales intelligence analysts do?
• They decipher information on:
• Sales demographics–where customers are located
• Lifetime value of customers–how often customers
repeat purchases or other behaviors relating to the
• Personas of sales transactions–information about each
customer that may affect sales
Sales intelligence is marketing intelligence?
• Sales intelligence is part of marketing
• Sales intelligence helps determine the best
ways to gain and retain leads.
• Also plays a part in determining the best
marketing strategies for your company by
showing where most sales come from.
Parts of Sales Intelligence Systems
• Lead Sources–shows which channels pick up leads and which ones struggle.
• SALs–Watches how Sales Accepted Leads are accepted by a sales team and
monitors the steps of the process to find ways to improve.
• SQLs–Analyzes the steps and factors leading SALs to Sales Qualified
Leads, helping to manages sales more efficiently.
• Actual Sales–Shows how often SALs become actual sales and identifies ways
to increase the percentage.
Other Sales Intelligence Options
• Many marketing companies or agencies offer
• Do some digging on your own.
• Make surveys to gain information from your
• For more information on sales intelligence, see these awesome articles: