How Technology Has Changed the World of Technical Translation
How Technology Has
Changed the World of
Our world is saturated
• Google Glass
• Video messaging
The list goes on…
Technology in Translation
• Technology has carried over to almost every
• That includes translation.
• Translation has become easier thanks to
• Technical terminology is
management helps keep
throughout a project.
• Words are stored in a
database for the
translator to reference.
• Machine translation works well as a resource.
• Can be used to translate low-priority documents
that could be useful in another language.
• Too flawed for high-stakes translation.
The EPO’s Free Machine Translator
Translates from English into 31 different languages.
Free translation service.
Useful for prior art.
Example of successful machine translation.
Tracking programs can help with several
• Quality Control
This makes it very useful for patent
translation in particular, as well as other
• Fewer mistakes occur in
• Documents are less likely
to slip through the cracks.
• Paired with technology,
translation is far more
• Translation process is now much quicker.
• No shortcuts in the process, but the process itself is
• Businesses can compete better when they have
efficient technical document translation services
Man vs. Machine
• Machines can never
• Language is too
abstract, and too
• Machine translation is
sufficient for some types
of writing, but not all.
Need a Technical Translation?
• Find a company with the right translation model for
• MultiLing is a translation company that pairs
technology with the expertise of human translation.