Retail Store vs. Web Store
What's the difference?
Should there be difference?
Bridge the gap between Real world and Virtual world
Who can buy it and when / how soon do they need it?
Decisions taken when buying that item
Showcase Product variety
Display total pricing upfront
Web Store User Interface
Stop designing Pages and Start Designing Flows
• Get to see lots of variety in a short time.
• No travel cost.
• Saves lots of time.
• More discounts and deals on items.
• Free delivery on every purchase.
• “Cash on delivery” for products.
Why people buy online?
• Not sure with the material and size.
• Fear of Credit card number being hacked.
• Bad experience of their friends.
Why people hesitate to buy online
• Trust to these participants is build by
- Friend’s recommendation
- TV ads was considered as a higher brand recall.
- Branded items on websites
- Cash on delivery
•Female users takes registration more serious than male.
•Users are tired of creating usernames and passwords that they probably
•Problems with registration (shouldn’t have cumbersome series of fields
and questions) that could derail a purchase.
•Provide the help messages with what information is needed.
•Users expects the Ecommerce websites to send regular emails about
new arrivals, offers.