Dear 5 and 6 graders, th thI hope you will have fun writing the answers to the letters. This is the time when you can connect with another person your age by asking questions or just writing about any issue you would like to explore. Have you ever wondered what other students think about school, thinking about future, or having more freedom? Just give it a try!
Queridos alumnos de 5º e 6º, espero quevos divirtades contestando as cartas.Este é o momento no que podedescontactar con alguén da vosa idadecontándolle e preguntándolle aquilo que vosinterese.Nunca vos preguntastes que pensan outrosestudantes sobre a escola, o tempo libre emesmo o futuro?... Por que non probades?
Answering the letters!Read the letterFind the questions and answer themThink of new things you want to learnabout your pen-pals.Find unknown words inwordreference.com or use the dictionary
The writing steps…GreetingsSay something about the letter…Answer the question/sAsk questionsEnding the letter
1. GreetingsHello …Hi…Dear…Or you can find your own greeting!
2. Say something about the letterI liked your letter. I really liked your letterI enjoyed reading your letterI enjoyed reading about you and Maine.You wrote interesting things in yourletterIt was a pleasure reading about you andMaine/Portland
3. Answer the questionsRead the question/s in your letter and answer it. IF YOU DO NOT HAVE A QUESTION IN YOUR LETTER, WRITE AN INTERESTING FACT ABOUT YOU, YOUR FAMILY, YOUR SUMMER VACATION PLANS, YOUR FAVORITE…
4. Ask questions!If you would like to learn new thingsabout the students, their town orcountry, sports, music, about what theywould like to do in the future, or otherthings, please ask them questions!
5. Ending the letterI look forward to hearing from you soon,I hope to hear form you soon,Best wishes,Until next time,Take care,Write back soon,Goodbye,Peace,