Successfully reported this slideshow.
Activate your 14 day free trial to unlock unlimited reading.
Hour of Code: Best Practices for Successful Educators
Choose a tutorial and plan your lesson.
Check your tech; troubleshoot in advance.
● Ensure you have enough devices, or plan to code in groups.
● Test your tutorials on student devices:
○ Check video streaming speed on your local bandwidth.
○ Check sound and decide: should you provide headphones?
○ Preview the “Congratulations” pages.
● Test certificate printing.
● Visit the Hour of Code FAQ to troubleshoot in advance of your lesson.
Pre-teach core concepts...set students up for success!
...or make your own!
…or find another way to recognize your superstars.
So that’s it...
Follow these five steps and remember...
...no matter how you do it...
...show us your Hour of Code!
Share your best practices, epic failures, stories, successes,
challenges and pictures -- we love your pictures -- on social media:
For more information, including a how-to guide for educators and free lesson plans, visit hourofcode.com/resources