Be the first to like this
Dolphin is a regression test infrastructure built from ground up for Latitude system testing. It is a major initiative to improve test efficiency and meet test automation objective for Latitude system evaluation department.
Latitude system testing involves in large varieties of devices and device interactions, including: PG, communicator, external sensors, heart simulator, TTM, PRM, etc, as well as, different type of application server environments with different geographic configuration, which impose great engineering challenges.
Dolphin answers those challenges by standardizing test station hardware and software configuration for hardware virtualization. Each virtualized test station is then brought into Dolphin service cloud (private cloud) and becomes virtual service end point. Dolphin manages test stations farm and configures them automatically per test request. Dolphin exposes its services via RESTful JSON web service, including: Regression Testing support, Device configuration and control, Lease out a virtual test station on demand as a hardware resource.
Besides, Dolphin provides an integrated web application for all of its services, including services provided by Panda. It is a one stop shop for all Latitude system testing needs.
1. Hardware virtualization to bring virtualized test station into cloud (cloud computing).
2. On demand web application for all exploratory testing needs.
4. Integrated with Panda service for enrollment and data browsing.
1. Simplify hardware configuration: all test stations are standardized and no need to physically switch parts and reconnect wire.
2. On demand web application greatly simplify device setup and control.
3. Integrated with Panda for automatic enrollment. Manual test can achieve the efficiency of automated test.
4. Centralized management reduces the maintenance cost.
5. Flexibility: automated test can be developed in any language and run on any platform because virtual test station can be leased out from test farm as hardware resource.