How to track website visitors using Google analytics
What is Google Analytics?
Google Analytics is a free web analytics service
offered by Google that tracks and reports website
Presented By :
Tanuja T Talekar
How to track your web page using Google Analytics?
1) Go to www.google.com and search google analytics. Click on Sign in to your google analytics
account. Enter your gmail login details. You will get the following screen:
2) Click on sign up .
The next window will ask what do you want to track?
Choose website and fill in the rest of the details like your account name, name and url of your
website, industry type, reporting time zone.
Then click on “Get tracking id”
After signing up you will get a window which will show you
Website Tracking code(which you have to include in all the web pages of your website that you want to track.)
2) Now you have to copy the website tracking code on all the web pages that you want to track, to do so :
1. We have to choose which page we want to track and then download that page from the server on desktop.(We have
to do this step if we don’t have the code for that page ,if you have the code then you can directly paste the website
tracking code in your web page and upload it on the server.)
2) Right click on the web page that you have downloaded and click open with notepad++(or if you have the
webpage code already with you then just open it) and Copy paste the website tracking code in <head> section
of your code as follows:
Save the file.
4)Go to your website, and click on the webpage that you wanted to track and check whether the website
tracking code is included on the server or not by pressing ctrl+u button on that webpage to view the source
3) Now go to your google analytics account and click on Reporting tab ->Real Time->Overview
You will see that your website tracking code has started working and it shows you the
number of active users that are viewing your webpage which has the tracking code .
That’s it .You have successfully learned how to
track your website pages.