Learn about the profound and life-changing benefits of therapeutic essential oils. This presentation explains what essential oils are, how to use them, and how to get started with essential oils. Young Living leads the essential oil industry in research, sourcing, science, and standards with their Seed to Seal Guarantee. More information available at www.kozsminifarm.com
E O 101
Learn the basics of essential oils.
by Tammy Neeb
Young Living Independent Distributor
What are essential oils?
● Essential Oils are liquidsthat come from plants. The oils are distilled from the
flower, leaves, stems, roots, bark, and resins of plants or they are cold-pressed
from the rinds of citrus fruits.
● Think of them as the “immune system”of the plant: everything the plant
needed to grow, thrive, and survive is what is extracted.
● They are powerful agents which support every system in your body.
● Essential oils are directly extracted from plants without any chemical
manipulation and share very similar structure to human DNA. Because of this
our bodies easily recognize the oils and readily absorb them. Your body uses
what it needs from the essential oil to supportyou and your health.
How are essential oils beneficial?
● Therapeutic Essential oils are taken by the bloodstream and carried to every
cellwithin the entire body, in a matter of minutes.
● Essential oils are so small in molecular size that they can easily and quickly
penetrateour skin tissue. They are different from fatty oils like coconut and
olive oil, which have very large molecules.
● Essential oils detoxifycells and blood in the body.
● They are powerful antioxidantsthat create an unfriendly environment for
damaged free radicals.
Are all oils created equal?
Not even close! The quality of an essential oil is directly related to the quality of the
plant it is extracted from - including how the plant was cared for and harvested. The
distillation process is also key. There are four grades of essential oils available:
1. Synthetic = created in a lab
2. Extended or Altered Oils = fragrance grade, for aromatic use only
3. Organic Oils /Certified Oils = contain few, if any, therapeutic compounds
4. Therapeutic-Grade Essential Oils = pure, medicinal, most often steam distilled or
cold pressed and contains all of the plant’s therapeutic properties
Watch this short video to learn why Young Living is the industry leader in therapeutic grade essential oils:
(*If video does not work look for the link uploaded with this SlideShare or search YouTube for “Young Living Seed to Seal.”)
Therapeutic Grade Essential Oils
• Most oils found at health food stores and retail stores, including “therapeutic”
brands found on Amazon, have been adulterated with synthetic ingredients like
propylene glycol (found in anti-freeze) and other fillers. Do not ingest these!
• Young Living was started over 25 years ago and is the only company in the world
that is not an oil broker. YL owns our own farms and distilleries and uses organic
farming practices. YL oils are so pure you can literally ingest them. Every batch is
tested to be sure that it meets the highest standards.
• Young Living is trusted in hospitals and research centers around the globe. They are
also the first company to pioneer combining pure essential oils with top quality
supplements. This is powerful because when you take a supplement with an oil, it
helps to increase the absorption rate by over 50%.
Three Ways to Use Essential Oils
2. Aromatically / Diffusing
Apply a couple drops directly on area of concern. You can dilute with a carrier like
olive oil or coconut oil. You can also put on the bottoms of feet where your largest
pores and all nerve endings are.
Put a couple drops in hands, cup hands over face, and breathe deeply. When you
breathe in the molecules in the oils are so small, they go from the olfactory nerves to
the limbic system. This region of the brain only communicates through a sense of
smell. This has a profound effect on the body! Diffusing is another great way to get
the benefits of essential oils, and helps to get rid of any “travelers” you may have
picked up circulating in the air. When diffusing something relaxing like lavender it
will have calming and harmonious effects on the body.
Take the oils internally in a capsule, or put a few drops in a glass of water or tea.
Taking essential oils internally is a great way to support a healthy immune system
and maintain proper ph balance in the body! Just look at the back of the bottle and
• A favorite among many adults and children for its
uplifting and emotional qualities
• Diffusing lemon helps to support air quality
• Wonderful to drink in water. *Always use glass or
• Helps to balance proper PH levels in the body,
making it very helpful for people in acidic
• Put a drop on your sponge to thoroughly clean
• Powerful degreasing agent
• Lavender has so many uses, people refer to it as
“The Swiss Army Knife of Oils”
• Soothes skin irritations, burns, and mild sunburns
• Has natural antihistamine properties
• Try in a “seasonal sniffles” recipe: 5 drops
lavender, 5 drops peppermint, and 5 drops lemon in
capsule, taken as needed
• Supports restful sleep and has a very calming
• Thieves is a blend of powerful oils that support the immune
system and respiratory system
• Named after a band of robbers who were grave robbing during
the plague in the 15th century. They were soaking their
handkerchiefs in this blend and and then touching plague victims
• Gargle a couple drops hourly to soothe sore throats
• Can be taken in a capsule, in tea with honey, or rubbed on
bottoms of feet
• Use before and after getting on airplanes, going to school or
other environments where immune support is needed
• Helps with healthy teeth and gums
• 1 drop of peppermint oil is equivalent to 28 cups
• Helps alleviate nausea
• Increases alertness, concentration and focus - Very
helpful for memory retention!
• Great for muscles and relieves fatigue
• Opens up sinuses
• Powerful oxygenator to the brain and body
• Referred to as liquid gold, mentioned over 50 times
in the Bible
• Very beneficial for the skin
• Used often in meditation, supports emotional and
• A blend of oils that helps to calm, relax and restore
• Smells like vacation in a bottle
• Elevates mood and reduces negative energy
• Wear as a perfume to reduce feelings of stress and
• Blend of oils formulated to freshen odors - not just
mask like chemical sprays
• Excellent as an “outside nuisance free spray”
• Powerful support for the wounded skin
• Makes a great choice to clean with for its
• Blend of oils that promotes healthy digestion and
soothes stomach discomforts
• Can take as a dietary supplement as a healthy daily
• A must have when traveling and traveling abroad
and drinking unknown water sources
• A potent blend of oils very effective for bones,
muscles, and joints
• Great to rub on back, legs, neck when needing
• Rub a few drops with a carrier oil to spread over a
• Has a history of very soothing properties
• Great for overall body support including the
kidneys, bladder and stomach
• Use whenever the body needs relief
• A wonderful blend of eucalyptus and other oils that
support the respiratory system
• Wonderful when applied to the chest and throat
• Great diffused when needing support to the lungs
• A nutrient infused antioxidant drink that helps to
clear the body of free radicals and will SUPER
• Excellent for supporting healthy blood sugar levels
• Wonderful support for heart and eye health
• 1 oz is the equivalent of eating 4 lbs carrots, 1 pint
orange juice, 5 cups blueberries, 55 lbs
almonds, and over 10 lbs spinach!
• Drinking 2 oz daily is ideal
How do I get started oiling?
● You can get your oils as a wholesale member, similar to Sam’s or Costco, except
the kit itself includes your lifetime membership! As a wholesale member, you
will always get 24% off and Young Living ships directly to you. You never have
to sell anything or purchase monthly, you only have to order once per year to
keep an active membership, and that’s it!
● The wholesale membership includes a diffuser of your choice and 11 amazing
essential oils with the Seed to Seal guarantee. Included in your kit are plenty of
additional goodies, including two packets of Ningxia Red. Receive over $300
worth of product for $160 (+S&H).
● You do have the option of ordering as a retail customer, but you will not get the
What are my next steps?
● Go to the link https://tinyurl.com/oilygardener and choose enroll as a wholesale
member. Make sure the number #13585195 is listed as the “Enroller” and
● Another perk once you become a Young Living member is that you will be
added to our Oily Community Team private Facebook group where you will learn
even more about all of your essential oils and Young Living Products, and find
all kinds of incredible resources and support from people who are living and
loving the oily life.
● Young Living has a great referral program as well. Every time you refer
someone to the company Young Living sends you a $50 “thank you.” By sharing
with three people, it pays for the cost of your oils!
Let me know if you’d like to host a class. Invite some friends over and we will pass
around the oils and share their uses! I would love to help you get your oils paid for!
Another HUGE perk to being a Young Living member is that you get to be a part of
the Essential Rewards program. This is their monthly wellness box that ships to your
door each month, and you get to pick whatever products you want every month.
Example: Month 1 Thieves cleaning line, Month 2 Ningxia Red, Month 3 ART skin
care, etc. You get an additional discount on everything 10%, then 20%, then 25%, in
addition to your wholesale discount. Plus tons of free oils and products each month!
Then you cash it in point for dollar and shop, shop, shop! It’s only 50PV a month and
you can cancel anytime you want.
Young Living Independent