Writing an Auto biography
• Introduce your self / the character you are .
• E.g Hey, I am a book , a pen , a computer,
• Give a name to your character.
• I am the Reynolds pen, a
• Apple inc computer
• The place of birth.
• In the publisher house, at the center of apple inc.
• How was you first appearance ?
• I had shinny cover
• I had a beautiful coveretc..
• Who bought you?/ Sold to whom?
• Good person /bad person
• How you were treated?
• Be descriptive. Creative. Add humour
• Your current position.
• How you feel now?
• What about your future?
• Give a moral /advice to the reader.
Autobigraphy of a book
• Hi! I am a book that was written by J.K.
Rowling, you know the famous author who
created the famous Harry Potter series and
became a billionaire.
• My name is Harry Potter and the Chamber of
Secrets. I am a really exciting book about
wizards and witches, magic and spells, and of
course He Who Must Not Be Named. After J.K.
Rowling wrote me, I was sent to Bloomsbury
Publishers. Editors there read me, loved me
and I was sent for publication.
• After they made millions of copies of me, I
was shipped to bookshops around the world. I
was a hardcover edition with a glistening
cover and beautiful illustrations. There I stood
on the shelves, gleaming under the spotlights
waiting, for book lovers to come and buy me.
• One day, a very rude, boisterous boy visited a
bookshop and that, my friends, was the end of
my good days.
• He flipped through my pages with
dirty, gummy fingers and ripped few of my
pages. I was horrified at his callous attitude.
The shop keeper forced the boy’s mother to
buy me, because no one would now buy a
• As soon as I got to my new home, I was put
aside carelessly. To my horror, a toddler
crawled towards me, attracted by my red,
shiny cover. Worse still, she was holding a
sipping cup, half full of orange juice. First, she
clutched me with wet fingers, and then she
drooled all over me. To make matters worse,
she spilled some juice on me, making me all
wet and soggy. She even tried to chew a
corner of my cover till her mother rescued me.
• To my relief, I was left alone for some time until
someone roller skated over me. Wizz! Ouch! I
whimpered. It was that wretched boy again who
zigzagged around me without a care in the world.
• At bedtime, he decided to read me… while eating a
chocolate cake. Now I was done for. He read a few
pages, and used his fat, podgy finger to wipe chocolate
cream off my pages. He got bored after reading just a
few pages (imagine that) and flung me across the
room. To my utter dismay, I landed in the laundry
basket overflowing with his dirty, smelly clothes.
• Next morning, the maid carried me off to
somewhere. I couldn’t see anything because I
was smothered by clothes. She tipped the
whole basket over and I was in the washing
machine, I was whirled and got tumbled about
for an eternity. When the boy’s mother saw
my tattered remains, she fished me out of
soapy water and threw me aside in disgust. A
crow sat on me and well… I never smelt the
• After I dried out, I was put alongside old
newspapers and other books that seem to
have gone through the same torture as myself.
Clearly this was a household that had no love
for books… not that I can be called a book any
longer. In just under two days, I had been torn,
ripped, drooled on, smeared with cake, flung
about mercilessly and washed in a washing
machine. Now I will be sold with old rubbish
and maybe recycled.
• And now I end my sad, little story with a
request. Remember, friends, books are man’s
best friends. You gain knowledge and learn
about different cultures by reading books. You
can visit and travel to far off places through
books without leaving your home. Reading
books helps you to communicate better and
develop new ideas so take good care of us.
Surely we deserve it!