In this webinar, we touch on:
- Polyglot support: Ruby, Groovy, and Scala DSLs. These have all been actively worked on in the recent past, especially the Ruby and Scala DSLs.
- Full incremental support: the complete Maven lifecycle including an incremental command line compiler based on JDT, all with m2e integration
- Aggressive parallelization: a new parallelization mode that also optimizes scheduling based on critical path analysis
- Generations: a new form of continuous delivery for Maven -- Smart delta protocol and no more SNAPHOTs!
- Shell: long-lived CLI process for Maven
Much of this work is functional, and the new parallelization mode and generations support are actively being used in production. We are still iterating on these specific features but they show a lot of promise. Where all of this code eventually lands is a question for the Maven development community. All of this work was developed outside of Apache, and how easy it is to integrate back into the Maven project remains to be seen. At the very least there is a lot of very interesting work and we wanted to start the dialog because Maven just isn't going to die :).