Contains the databases: SocIndex, Sociological Abstracts, Psycinfo and ERIC
Tests and Measures
Does not contain DATA
Use both Quantitative and
in the same study
Datasets are already collected
by someone other than you
Photo by Kaysse - Creative Commons Attribution License https://www.flickr.com/photos/29862505@N08 Created with Haiku Deck
Pick your topicCollege Persistence and Immigration Status
What are the main issues?
Think of terms and variables that
characterize your thesis topic.
Think about what discipline in addition to
sociology would research your topic.
Think of what type of research is required.
Use this to connect
different variables. For
example: well being and
Place your terms in the same
Undocumented or immigrant status
Use this to look for root
endings. For example:
immigr* looks for
cUse this to search for
phrases. For example:
immigr* and “graduation rates”
persistence and immigr* and “college students”
Mental health and immigration status
Common Citation Errors.
1. Part of the citation is in ALL CAPS
2. Every Word Of The Article Title Is Capitalized (APA only)
3. The journal title is not italicized
4. The ending page number for your article is missing
5. There is no hanging indent
Fixing the Errors.
1. Change any words that are all caps
2. Make the appropriate words lower case (APA)
3. Italicize the Journal Title
4. Look at the PDF of your document and find the
ending page number
5. Create a hanging indent
Ctrl + T *
with hanging indents
in Microsoft Word.
Command for Mac
Photo by John Carleton - Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike License https://www.flickr.com/photos/60717073@N00 Created with Haiku Deck