1Confidential & Proprietary, Coro Health, LLC
Provoking Memories and Decreasing
Behaviors in Residents with Dementia
Today you will….
Gain insight in how therapeutic music can be
used as a care tool for people with cognitive
and emotional challenges.
You will learn how to reduce negative
behaviors and improve mood and quality of
life through the power of therapeutic music. Debi Cost
Director of Client
You have many ways to get music, but
WE know how MUSIC GETS YOU.
Earning My Right
Coro Health is a media company specializing in therapeutic supportive content in
healthcare: MusicFirst & CoroFaith
Founded in 2008:Team of passionate experts in a wide range of fields
Clinical trial completed in 2010: UC Davis Music and Brain Center.
Reductions Agitation & Depression up to 54%
Published 2012 Journal of Music & Medicine
Coro Services span across the country: LTC, Memory Care, Hospitals, Oncology Centers, etc.
Awards & Honors: ALFA Best of the Best, Eden Alternative Partner, McKnight Tech
4Confidential & Proprietary, Coro Health, LLC
of music and brain
Step 1: Collaboration:
Step 2: Build Programs:
Beats Per Min (BPM)
Layer of Progression
Step 3: Outcomes:
programs are created with the knowledge of the Emotional,
Psychological, Physiological & Behavioral nature of people. Music programs
are handcrafted and properly sequenced exclusively for Healthcare.
MusicFirst Clinical Trial:
UC Davis Music & Brain Center - Results
- Reductions in Agitation & Depression (27% – 54%)
- Clinical Trial published in the Journal of Music &
Medicine, January 2012.
“When words abandoned her music & lyrics helped her
rebuild her language.” Meagan Morrow
Research proves the
Power of Music
Helps During Surgery
Boosts Heart Health
Eases Anxiety & Depression
Improves Stroke Recovery
Music Lesson Influence
Prof. Neurology & Psychiatry at
• Outbursts during the activity with subsequent removal decreased 100%
• Overall participation raised across centers 23%
• Eye contact, singing, laughing and smiling increased by 50%
• There was a 50% increase in gross motor movement noted
Behaviors & Medications:
• Exit seeking with aggression with redirection decreased by 50%
• Episodes of increased agitation decreased by 25%
• Psychotropic drug use decreased by 27%
• PRN Anxiolytic usage decreased by 65%
Using Music First you will discover...