TNB Language Service - How it all works & How to get PAID
$$ How to get PAID by
TNB Language Service $$
It feels so good to be paid for
your knowledge ,expertise, and
skills while helping the
You are a bilingual, with a native-like
understanding of both languages –
Want to make extra money?
• Step 1: Register with TNB Language Service
Send an email to:
with your full name, mailing address, social
security number (you may call the office to
provide this), Phone numbers (cell, home, office),
Resume or paragraph detailing your language
experience and any certificates or training.
Becoming a TNB Language Service
Step 2: Check your email and Phone messages
(also check your Spam Folder)
When you receive our “Can You Help
Us? (Language) bilingual Needed –
ctrl# X” email
• The Subject always says, “Can You Help Us?
(language) bilingual needed- ctrl#x”
• Always reply – even if it is to tell us that you
are not available to help.
– Not being able to help us does not hurt your
chances to be selected for future assignments.
We understand that you are busy and that your
work and family responsibilities are important.
-- If you can help us, reply as soon as you
After you have responded to our
“Can you help us?” email
• Reserve the assignment on your schedule.
• You will receive an email from us telling you if you
have been selected for the assignment or telling
you that someone else was selected.
• How do we make the final selection from the
available interpreters? We look for the most
qualified person for the specific assignment (the
type of court case or social service situation),
who requires the least travel, and those that
reply to our inquiry in a timely manner.
When you have been selected for an
• Step 3: You will receive an email informing you
that you have been selected for the assignment.
Within a few days you will receive another email
containing instructions, indicating your pay and
travel stipend, and an attached PDF Interpreter
• Print your Interpreter Confirmation/Timesheet and
take it with you to the assignment.
This is the form that we use to PAY you!
This form will tell you:
The language, Event Date, Start Time, Location of
If it is a Court assignment – this form will tell you the
Court’s phone number, Case Number, Code
Section, Charge, Defendant, who you are
You have received and printed your
• Step 4 – Reply to the email to let us know that
you have received the confirmation/timesheet
and that you are committing to fulfilling the
If, for any reason, you find that you will be late
or cannot complete this assignment; you must
contact our office immediately. Failure to do
this will result in suspension of your future
Life happens,and we understandthis! If you are no longerable to fulfill your commitmentto TNB, simply
contactus. This will not hurt your chancesof being selectedfor future assignment.
Within a week of the assignment, you
will receive a Reminder Email from TNB
• Step 5: Reply to this email to confirm that you
are planning on being at the location on the
time shown on your Confirmation/Timesheet.
The day before your scheduled
• Step 6 - Call the number for the Court or
Assignment Location to confirm that the case
is still being heard or that the meeting is still
scheduled. (you will find this info on the
• If there are ANY changes,
please inform TNB
as soon possible.
Court Assignments that are NOT
Juvenile & Domestic Relations Court
• Juvenile records and case information are not available on
the Virginia Court website.
• All other case information can be confirmed on the Court’s
website. If you can not reach a clerk on the phone, go to the
website and confirm the case is scheduled.
It’s the BIG DAY! You have your
Confirmation/Timesheet in your hand
• You have confirmed with TNB that you will be at the
location of the assignment.
• You have printed the Confirmation/Timesheet and
have it with you.
• You have called the court or service organization to
confirm the appointment.
• You have programmed your GPS unit or have printed
Google Map directions.
• You arrive at the location 15-20
minutes prior to the scheduled
time on the Confirmation/Timesheet.
Report to the Court Clerk or the Case
• Step 7: Report to the court clerk or the case
manager, by introducing yourself as a TNB
Language Service Interpreter (you may show
your Confirmation/Timesheet). It is helpful to
have your name written out or on a business
Now you are ready to do your stuff
• You have your printed Confirmation/Timesheet, a
language dictionary, pen and paper in hand.
• Be prepared to stay and interpret as long as the
court or case manager needs you .
Step 8: Once the clerk or case manager
has dismissed and released you
• You insert the time you are
released on the“End Time” box
on the Confirmation/Timesheet
• Have the clerk or case manager
verify the End Time by writing
in their initials on the “Verified
• Give the clerk or case manager
an opportunity to score your
• Make sure the clerk or case
manager signs and prints their
Step 9: You are almost done…
• On the Confirmation/Timesheet, fill out the
disposition of the case. Was it finalized or
continued? If it is continued, what is the new
date and time?
• If the case is continued or an additional
appointment has been scheduled, are you
available on that new date and time?
$$ You are ready to get PAID $$
Step 10: Turn in your Confirmation/Timesheet
• Scan and email the completed Confirmation/Timesheet
• Or Fax to: 540.774.8949
• Or Mail to: 7180 Buckeye Road, Roanoke, VA 24018
After we have received your
• TNB will send you an email to confirm that we have
received your Confirmation/Timesheet and that your
compensation check is being processed.
• TNB pays interpreters on the 15th and 30th of the
• If we receive your Confirmation/
Timesheet between the 1st -14th
your check will be cut on the 15th,
if we receive it between the 15th – 29th
of the month, your check will be cut
on the 30th.
• Allow 5-10 business days to receive your check via the
•Step 1: Provide TNB with your contact information
•Step 2: Check your email and reply to the “Can you help
•Step 3: Print your Confirmation/Timesheet
•Step 4: Reply to the Confirmation/Timesheet email
•Step 5: Reply to the Reminder Email
•Step 6: Call the Court or Client to confirm appointment
•Step 7: Report to Court Clerk or Case Manager
•Step 8: Fill out Confirmation/Timesheet & have
authorized person sign and score interpreter’s
•Step 9: Fill out the Disposition of case and if you are
•Step 10: Return Completed Confirmation/Timesheet to
$$ GET PAID $$
Check your email
Check your email to hear about more upcoming
assignments in your area.