New Year, New Theme?
The Ups, Downs, and Sideways of
Metro Detroit WordPress Meetup
http://maxim650.com | @TJList
Introducing Twenty Fourteen
• Released on December 12, 2013
• New Default Theme for WordPress Version 3.8
"In 2014, our default theme lets you create a
responsive magazine website with a sleek, modern
design. Feature your favorite homepage content in
either a grid or a slider. Use the three widget areas
to customize your website, and change your
content's layout with a full-width page template and
a contributor page to show off your authors.
Creating a magazine website with WordPress has
never been easier."
• Wide Screens
– Left justified
– Background colors and images are available
– No background color or image
– Where did my menu go?
• Mobile Devices
– Prepare to swipe. A LOT.
…a dress, it would work well on a model. It is limited off the catwalk.
IF TWENTY FOURTEEN WERE
Twenty Fourteen Summarized
• Great for photos
• Simple, clean, readable
• Responsive Features works
well for featured content
• Poor for text-heavy content
• Restrictive Page Layouts
• Responsive Features hide
• Sample sites using Twenty Fourteen