Successfully reported this slideshow.
Wednesdays from 14.00-16.00
Communicative methodological approach
Questions or concerns: firstname.lastname@example.org
• Elementary I
• New Market Leader 1:
“Used by students preparing for a career in Business or
those who are already in business wishing to enhance their
Syllabus and Course
5 Units now: 2 lectures per unit
5 Units in Semester 2
Additional material: slides and handouts
2) Work and leisure
5) Food and entertaining
Icebreakers: Getting to
know each other
• “You never get a second chance to make a first
• Context social norms, cultural clash (?): business relation
1) Formal - informal
3) Present – absent
4) Use key phrases
Hello, what is your name?
My name is…
What is your position in the company?
I am the……., What do you do in your institution?
Telling vs. asking
• Activity: describe yourself by using these key phrases
1) Simple questions:
- Is he going on a trip?
2) The linking and existential “to be”
-There is a lot of snow.
3) Tag questions with “to be”
-He isn’t going, is he?
TO BE + Describing Others
HE/ SHE IS
• Exercise: handout, fill in the correct form
• ACTIVITY: Ask questions about your partner while using
• Describe someone from class while using the TO BE verb
A DOG – AN ELEPHANT
Articles: A - AN
Articles: definite and indefinite (the/that vs. a/an/any)
Non-specific member of the group
Non-particular member of the group
“I don’t have a specific one in mind”
I want to see the movie vs. I want to see a movie
“A” before a consonant words
“AN” before vowel words
• Who, What, When, Where, Why and How?
• Cause INVERSION: change of Subject and Object
• Inversion does not occur in Albanian
• Who = person
-Who is your teacher?
• What = thing
-What is your favourite subject at school?
• When = time
-When will you go to Spain?
• Where = place
-Where is China?
• How = description
-How does she go to work?
Presenting yourself: key phrases