• X is the only person to have won both theBooker prize(for her book Y) and an Oscar.• X is best known for her collaboration withMerchant Ivory Productions made up ofdirector James Ivory and late producer IsmailMerchant.Identify X and Y
• X became the centre of a raging controversywhen she called Princess Katherine (KateMiddleton) “a plastic princess designed tobreed”• X also happens to be the winner of twoBooker prizes for the first two books of atrilogy.Identify X and name the books.
• X is the first novel of the African writer ChinuaAchebe, widely known as the “father ofAfrican literature”.• X is a postcolonial critique which was includedin the TIME magazine’s “100 best Englishlanguage novels from 1923 to 2005”,describing it as “a novel with great power thatturns the world upside down”.Identify X.
• “The Murder of Roger Ackroyd” is one ofAgatha Christie’s best known novels.• Its innovative twist ending is widelyrecognized to have had a significant impact onthe genre.What’s so special about the ending?
• New York Times book review has said about X“X is the first piece of literature since the Bookof Genesis that should be required reading forthe entire human race. ”• Nobel laureate Pablo Neruda called it the“greatest revelation in Spanish language sinceDon Quixote of Cervantes”.• X played a major role in it’s author winningthe Nobel Prize.
• In 1968, the Science Fiction Writer’s of Americavoted X the best science fiction story everwritten.• X was written after a casual discussion the authorhad with his editor about the following quote byRalph Waldo Emerson, “ If the stars shouldappear one night in a thousand years, how wouldmen believe and adore and preserve for manygenerations the remembrance of the city of God.”
• Name the literary technique employed in thefollowing scenario:• When the character in a story continues to livebeyond the normal length of time and this issubtly depicted by the character being presentthroughout many generations.
• “ He was hardly more than five feet fourinches but carried himself with great dignity.His head was exactly the shape of an egg andhe always perched it a little on one side. Hismustache was very stiff and military. Even ifeverything on his face was covered, the tips ofhis mustache and the pink tipped nose wouldbe visible ”.Who am I talking about?
• X said about his protagonists “I like to writeabout women who are talented and capable,but most important, retain their femininity,because men can’t do without it”.• X happens to be the “seventh best sellingfiction writer of all time”.Identify X.
• The author explains the exigency of his novelcalled X “ To capture the unspoken voices of thepeople from darkness- the impoverished areas ofrural India and wanting to do so withoutsentimentality or portraying them asmirthless, humorless weaklings as they areusually”.• X is also the name of an espionage novel byRobert Stuart Nathan ,set in China.• X is the winner of the Man Booker Prize.Identify X.
• X telegrammed Winston Churchill just prior tothe opening of his play ‘Major Barbara’ ,“ Havereserved tickets for two for first night. Comeand bring a friend, if you have one. ”• Churchill wired back ,“impossible to come tofirst night. Will come to second night, if youhave one”.Identify X in this famous exchange.
• X is the name of the lead character of acartoon series created by Gendy Tartakovskyfor Cartoon network.• X is also the name of the name of theprotagonist of a novel series written by JeffLindsay.• The first novel of the series called Y wasadapted into a very successful TV show.Identify X and Y.
• X is the seventh novel of the Irish born authorEmma Donoghue.• X was shortlisted for the Man Booker Prize in2010.• X was inspired from the notorious ‘JosephFritzl case’ that made headlines in 2008.Name X.
• The last line of X is “After all, tomorrow is anotherday”.• X was taken from the following poemI have forgotten much, cynara! XFlung roses, roses riotously with the throngDancing ,to put thy pale, lost lilies out of mind• X was the only novel published during theauthor’s lifetimeIdentify X.
• X was adapted into a movie ,with the leadactress of the movie winning an Oscar.• X is a novel written by BerhardSchlink, dealing with the difficulties post warGerman generations have had comprehendingthe Holocaust.Name X.