The MRO supply chain planning process that controls the flow of repairable parts is more complex and challenging than planning consumable parts. In this two-way supply chain, there are several key points that must be managed:
• Ensure that new parts are not ordered to replace parts that are out for repair
• Decide when to purchase replacement parts
• Decide when to scrap parts
• Manage the combined MRO planning and purchasing process
• Average the value of both new and repaired parts kept in stock
In this presentation, Syncron provides insight on how to plan and manage both consumable and MRO parts. This presentation is based on a case study of the German railway operator, Deutsche Bahn AG, outlining their processes and how they are optimizing spare parts inventory.