Product / Service / Industry / Compliance / Self
Customer / Competition / Systems / Key Account Mgt
Reward / Incentives
Goals / Responsibilities
Time Management / Prioritising / Activity
Stop and start listings
KASH: Maximising performance of any individual
Sales / Up selling / Cross selling / Networking
Customer service / Telephone skills
Persuasion & influencing / Negotiation skills
Computer / Technical skills
There are only 4 possible reasons
why people don’t perform well:
1) They don’t know what they are supposed to do
2) They don’t know they are not doing it
3) They can't do it
4) They won’t do it
• Conduct your own Performance Appraisal
• Which parts of KASH could you improve?
• Which factors covered are satisfactory, which are excellent?
• Value your time? Passenger or pilot?
• If things do not change, they stay the same!
12, Oaklands Avenue, Swords, Co. Dublin. Telephone: (353-1-8403059, (353 -87-2523930,
Fax: (01) 8403059, email: firstname.lastname@example.org. www.mcconkey.ie
So, what haven’t they told you?
They are talking to another two suppliers
It will need to go to competitive tender
He doesn’t have the authority to sign it off
Procurement will be in the negotiation
The process is likely to take up to 6 months
A strategy of supplier consolidation is coming
There is a competing purchase/project
We may do it in-house
100s of tips & tools at:
Right of Use:
These slides are copyright of The ASG Group
and should not be copied, distributed or
shared without expressed permission.
For more visit: www.buyerinsights.com
Effective insights for managing tough,
knowledgeable and demanding
Negotiating for Results
1. Position Your Product/Service
2. Set High Targets
3. Maintain Information Skilfully
4. Know the Full Range and Strength of Your
5. Satisfy Customer Needs Over Wants
6. Concede According to Plan
• Don’t make a concession unless you have to.
• Don’t make any concessions unless the other party makes a concession first
• When you give a concession, get one in return.
• If you make concessions, make sure that the way you do sends the right message
• Give up things which have high value to the other party but low cost to you.
Resilience, Motivation and Willpower