Sybil B. Taylor
4010 Logan Circle • Indian Trail, NC 28079 • (704)893-0024 • email@example.com
Detail-oriented medical professional with 25 years of experience in a hospital laboratory with patient contact.
Familiar with all HIPPA regulations, ICD-9/CPT Coding, Blue Cross and Blue Shield and Medicare/Medicaid.
Proficient in multiple office software programs and have extensive knowledge in business administration,
patient admission, medical terminology, and medical coding and billing.
EDUCATION / CERTIFICATION
American InterContinental University - Hoffman Estates, IL
Associate of Arts in Business Administration 2012
• Concentration: Medical Billing and Coding
• Relevant Courses: Medical Records, ICD Classification and Reimbursement, Business Management and
Leadership, Business Ethics, Fundamentals of Billing and Coding Technology
Greenville Technology College - Greenville, SC
Laboratory Medical Technology Certification Current
• Medical laboratory technician in hospitals and medical doctor’s offices.
• Worked in a trauma center hospital in chemistry and toxicology.
• Completed patient sample processing and phlebotomy when applicable.
• Can perform routine patient sample testing in chemistry, hematology, blood bank and microbiology.
Basic experience in Microsoft Word, Excel and Power Point
Solstas Lab Partners CHARLOTTE, NC 2012-2013
Carolinas Medical Center - Charlotte / Monroe, NC 1979 – 2010
Medical Technologist (AMT), (HEW) 2001 – 2010
• Served as Laboratory Liaison with medical staff
• Assisted with Blood Bank Emergency Cross Matches, by testing for compatibility of Cross Matches,
entering patient data in computer via Sunquest Laboratory software.
• Proficient with quality controls in Blood Bank, Chemistry and Hematology and Coagulation studies
• Handled workflow and fast-paced environment of Emergency Room
• Used laboratory computer to enter patient’s test results
Medical Technician (ASCP) 1979 – 2001
• Worked in a fast-paced 900 bed Trauma Center
• Ran manual tests such as TDX testing
• Utilized automated instruments for urine and drug testing for patients/employees
• Prioritized all patient Chemistry samples and ran quality control for chemistry instruments per
• Experience with HPLC and GC Sample Prep and Testing
Medical Technician (ASCP) SOLSTAS REFERENCE LAB JUNE 2012-DEC 2013
1). CBC’S, UA’S, PREGU’S, CHOLESTERLS, WET PREPS, FERN SLIDES TESTING
2). ORDERED VIA COMPUTER IN-HOUSE TESTING, SEND-OUT TESTS, PAP SMEARS,
BIOPSY SAMPLES USING CURRENT CPT AND ICD 9 CODES
3). ENTERED PATIENT RESULTS IN COMPUTER VIA SOLSTAS WEBSITE
4). SOLSTAS STAT LAB CHEMISTRY, HEMATOLOGY. COAG, UA’S AND
MICROBIOLOGY TEST KITS.
5). PHLEBOTOMY SKILLS HAVE BEEN UPDATED.