Non-Destructive Testing Equipment for Wheelsets Inspection
• Damping device of wheelset holder • WheelsetsWheelsets onon thethe loadingloading positionposition
• Determination of rings presence andDetermination of rings presence and
video detection of the wheelset No. 1video detection of the wheelset No. 1
• MeasuringMeasuring thethe wheelwheel diameterdiameter
• EMA scanner for wheel rollEMA scanner for wheel roll
surface testingsurface testing
• Eddy current scanner for axleEddy current scanner for axle
midportion testingmidportion testing
• Eddy current scanner for innerEddy current scanner for inner
bearing rings testingbearing rings testing
• Eddy current scanner for testingEddy current scanner for testing
webs and wheel seat of the axle.webs and wheel seat of the axle.
• Testing positing of the inner partTesting positing of the inner part • Testing positing of the outer partTesting positing of the outer part
• Ultrasonic testing of the axleUltrasonic testing of the axle
SITE No.SITE No. 33
• Ultrasonic testing of the axle from theUltrasonic testing of the axle from the
clearance groove (RU1)clearance groove (RU1)
• Ultrasonic testing from the wheel seat areaUltrasonic testing from the wheel seat area
• Ultrasonic testing of the wheelUltrasonic testing of the wheel SITE No. 3SITE No. 3 • UT scanner of rim and flange of theUT scanner of rim and flange of the
wheel in a testing positionwheel in a testing position
• ET scanner of a rim, flange and roll surface of the wheelET scanner of a rim, flange and roll surface of the wheel..
• Initial positionInitial position • Testing positionTesting position
UT wheel rim testing
in axial direction by longitudinal
UT wheel rim and disk testing in
axial direction with PC by
UT wheel rim inspection in axial
direction by transverse waves
UT wheel top testing
by transverse waves
Multichannel EC flaw detector
EC scanner (testing position) Automated
EC scanner (initial position
Testing area of pre-rim wheel part
Sensitivity is set up on artificial defect such as sawcut
on calibration block while the operation with
eddy current probe PN-1724 TD 01:
Length – 15mm; depth – 3mm; width – 0.1 mm.
(if surface smoothness is Rz40, 0.5 mm in depth crack
can be detected)
Possibility of operation on unclean surface;
operation with a lift-off between probe and
testing object - up to 6 mm;
testing of rough surfaces with roughness of
up to Rz = 320;
high sensitivity of probes;
wide operating frequencies range;
signals visualization in complex plane
enables an operator to differentiate
interfering factor from “useful” signal (signal
from the defect);
possibility of digital signal processing;
efficiency in information output (in real-time
testing results and instrument setups saving.
Also, the possibility of their further processing
Eddy current flaw detector VD3-81 with special-purpose set of EC probes
is intended for surface cracks detection on rail road wheel surfaces.
VD3-81 Eddycon Pre-rim area testing
Type of flaw detector display
System of immersion testing of rail axles SAUT Os-4System of immersion testing of rail axles SAUT Os-4
• Ensuring of ultrasonic testing according to Regulatory Documentation
RD 32.144-2000, EN 13261, М101, DSTU 31334 and BN 918275
Quantity of ultrasonic channels – 8 pc.
Value of nominal frequencies of special-purpose probes of 2,5 and 5 MHz.
Time for one axle testing – not more than 8 min.
Time for readjustment for one dimension type – not more than 15 min.