• Our school is fun and fantastic.
• We like playing with our friends and making our friends
• Ysgol Rhewl is fun because we have fun teachers.
• Ysgol Rhewl is located in Ruthin North Wales.
• This school has been going for 95 years.
• Every year we have a Christmas play, they are really fun to
do and we all have a laugh
• Ysgol Rhewl is a fantastic school. We all have a great time
from when we arrive until we have to go home.
This is our wonderful head teacher Mrs.
Hilton she is really kind to us. She is great
because she got us netball posts and she is
absolutely lovely. We wear a red jumper with
our school Logo on it.
• The chapel is were we go to do harvest festivals,
remembrance day and Christmas.
• The chapel is in Rhewl by our school we go to
celebrate and sing Welsh songs there.
• We are learning about Romans and
Rainforests. We have learned about
roman entertainment and rainforest
animals. It’s really fun learning about
Romans and Rainforests in our topic
• Our language is one of the oldest
languages in the world! It is over 1000
years old. In Wales we speak Welsh
Nadolig Llawen / Merry Christmas
Y Ddraig Goch / The Red Dragon
Cenhinen / Daffodils.
Croeso / Welcome
Bwyd / Food
Cymru / Wales
Our school is located in North
Wales in Rhewl in Ruthin. Our
closest largest town is
Wrexham. Wrexham is the
biggest town in North Wales.
Sports in Wales
• People in Wales play lots of sports such
as football, tennis, hockey, basketball,
cricket and rugby and lots more.
• The sport that Wales is the best at is
Symbols of Wales
• Some symbols of Wales are sad some are
happy but all of them represent Wales. Some
of the symbols have a history while others do
not. But none of them can beat the welsh
dragon / y ddraig goch. Some of the symbols
are the daffodil , leek, dragon, love spoon
and a harp
• Turn to the next page to see some symbols
At Christmas we get gifts and
presents for friends and family. We
also send cards. Some times with
presents we write Nadolig llawen
which means Merry Christmas. We
write letters to Santa (Sion Corn) in
Welsh to say what presents we
would like to have.
• On Christmas day we have family time
to celebrate. We sit round a big table to
have Christmas dinner in our dinner we
• Turkey (meat)
(there's more too)
• In Wales we eat Christmas puddings it is
traditional that a coin is hidden in the
centre of the pudding. There are lots of
different types of puddings there's :…
• Ice cream
• Christmas cake
• And more
At Christmas we have different drinks such
as eggnog, wine and mulled wine,
champagne, ginger wine and punch. For
kids they could have coke, lemonade, juice
Making the decorations
First we needed to design and plan our
decorations and decide what materials we
would use for the wooden decoration of the
Welsh dragon. After, we decided to use paint
for our welsh dragon and glitter glue. We had
three design sheets to colour in Welsh
dragons with different designs.
What we will do
We are making Christmas decorations
to send to other country’s. We have got
a welsh dragon template to decorate
how we want. We have covered the
dragon neatly with red paint and glitter
Decorations in Wales
In Wales we have some specific
decorations that have a Welsh theme
like the welsh dragon or it might say
“Nadolig Llawen!” on it. We sometimes
have stockings and hang them over the
T hese are some
Mar ching men ( little)
Star or angel on the top of
• Candy canes
Star on tree
Every year we do Christmas plays and we
love doing them because its really fun and
we invite all the parents, grandparents,
nains and taids and children to come and
watch us. Here are some of the plays…
• Christmas Round the World,
• Santa's on Strike,
• Cinderella Rockefeller
• Stable Manners
• Every year we do a lantern parade in
Ruthin. We make and decorate lanterns
and we light them up with a switch which
is on the lanterns. We make our lanterns
with cut out things and snow flakes.