3 AdWords Reports You Didn't Know About (Or Didn't Know What To Do With)
3 Sneaky AdWords
Reports You Didn’t Know
(Or Didn’t Know What To Do With)
Who Am I?
• Ecommerce Junkie
• Have been both agency and client:
- Hamilton Beach Appliances
• Manager/Director/VP Roles in:
- Email/Text Marketing & CRM
- Managed everything from designers to
Things I Get Geeky About
What We’ll Cover
1. ‘’Google took our stuff!’’
2. Where, oh where, are my users?
3. We have to rank #1. (twitch)
• Movement of organic insights to paid insights
• Evolution of SERPs and ‘’result smushing’’
Report #1: Google Took Our Stuff!
Crunch it in Excel!
• Filter for “Both
• Filter out anything
with No Impressions
• Combined results
tend to show the
• Root out instances
• Mark them, and…
Check out the Winners & Laggers
Aggressively strategize in paid to make up for organic lag
Experiment with lowering bids
Case Study: Locations of Interest
• Created Aurora ad group & landing page with email collection for
notification of Grand Opening
• 6 weeks later, 7.1% conversion rate!
Report #3: Where, oh where… (the page version)
• SERPs are increasingly
• What is #1 anymore,
• Measurements in report:
• “Top”: Above search
results on Search (or
• “Other”: Next to, or
below results on
Search (or Shopping)
Credit: Moz/Dr. Pete.
“We Need to be #1.” You sure?
Yeah, here you probably do…
But here you really don’t…
• Cover the basics first. Don’t try and analyze the
world at once.
• Dig around. New gems show up in AdWords a
• Don’t be afraid to export and mess with your
data. (It won’t bite.)
• Stay aware of how the SERPs are evolving.
Want Some More?
For more resources on these reports & link to Moz SERP page:
Susan@Wenograd.com or “Contact Me” on site!