• Capgemini is a French multinational management consulting corporation headquartered in Paris,
France. It is one of the world's largest consulting, technology and outsourcing companies with
180,000 employees in over 40 countries. It was founded in 1967 by Serge Kampf in Grenoble,
France. The company has been led by Paul Hermelin, the chairman and CEO of the Capgemini
group, ever since his appointment in December 2001.
• Capgemini's regional operations are North and South America, Northern Europe & Asia Pacific
and Central & Southern Europe. Services are delivered through four disciplines; Consulting,
Technology, Outsourcing and Local Professional Services.
• Capgemini was founded by Serge Kampf in 1967 as an enterprise management and data
processing company. The company was inaugurated as the Société pour la Gestion de l'Entreprise
et le Traitement de l'Information (Sogeti).
• Together with its clients, Capgemini creates and delivers business, technology and digital
solutions that fit their needs, enabling them to achieve innovation and competitiveness. A deeply
multicultural organization, Capgemini has developed its own way of working, the Collaborative
ExperienceTM, and draws on Rightshore®, its worldwide delivery model.
• Serge Kampf founded Sogeti, the company that would later become the Capgemini Group, on
October 1st of that year. At the helm of the Group for 45 years, Kampf transformed the small
company from southeastern France into a global industry leader in IT services.
• Kampf created Sogeti on October 1st, 1967 with three former colleagues in a two-room
apartment converted into an office in Grenoble. In an era of technological and cultural change,
Sogeti provided a visionary offer of IT services, combining technical and organizational
consulting with customer proximity.
• Thanks to Kampf’s strong initial choices, Sogeti enjoyed impressive growth. The company was an
early provider of IT outsourcing and consulting, and enabled operational decentralization,
financial independence, and total freedom from IT manufacturers. This original and atypical
strategy firmly established Sogeti in the IT services landscape and allowed it to grow into a
leader in Europe.
• By 1975 it had an established presence in 21 countries, following the acquisition of two major
IT services companies, CAP and Gemini Computer Systems. In 1975 Kampf changed the
Group’s name from Sogeti to “Cap Gemini Sogeti,” going against the opinion of most of those
close to him. It would later be simplified to Capgemini in 1996.
• Capgemini India was established in 2001 with its first office in Mumbai, and today it serves as
a world-class offshore centre through its unique Rightshore Strategy to serve global customers. It
also services Indian markets through its Local Business Services arm. Capgemini in India is over
85,000 people strong across nine cities (Mumbai, Bangalore, Gurgaon, Noida, Gandhinagar,
Hyderabad, Pune, Kolkata and Chennai - Trichy and Salem). A pioneer in the IT industry,
Capgemini has over 45 years of global expertise collaborating with leading corporations and
now brings its Consulting, Technology and Outsourcing experience to India. With dedicated
teams to service the local market, Capgemini has strong domain experience to assist clients
across the Government and Public Sector, Energy and Utilities, Manufacturing, Telecom and
Financial Services sectors.
• Capgemini India, is part of the global Capgemini Group that is one of the world's foremost
providers of consulting, technology, outsourcing services and local professional services.
• Capgemini Group offers an array of integrated services that combine top-of-the-range
technology in six industry sectors – Consumer Products and Retail, Manufacturing & Life
Sciences, Public Sector, Financial Services, Telecom and Energy and Utilities.
• Capgemini’s Consulting Services help businesses and organizations to identify, build and
carry through transformation programs that will improve growth and sharpen their competitive
edge on a long-term basis. Technology Services design, develop and implement a wide
range of technology projects that involve complex systems integration and IT application
development. The Outsourcing Services manage IT systems for applications and infrastructure
of a client and their associated business processes, such as Business Process Outsourcing. Local
Professional Services (Sogeti) delivers professional technology services to suit local
requirements for infrastructure, applications, engineering, testing and operations.
• Besides being a delivery centre, India is now a growing hub for innovation, which is being
achieved through domain and technology Centres of Excellence (COEs) in Customer
Products and Retail, Life Sciences, Manufacturing, Media & Entertainment, and Energy &
Utilities. Additionally, it has functional COEs in Testing, Insights & Data, Mobile, Digital
Customer Experience and Captives.
With a strong focus on quality, Capgemini India is CMMI SVC Level 5, ISO 9001:2008, ISO
20000:2011 and ISO 27000 certified. It follows a stringent delivery mechanism that involves
Standardised Processes, and Quality & Risk Management. Having won several awards for its
pursuit of high quality services, Capgemini India has now partnered with the CMMi institute to
share best practices and foster deeper research into new processes.
• Paul Hermelin:
Group Chairman and Chief Executive Officer.
• Srinivas Kandula
Chief Executive Ofificer, India.
• Aiman Ezzat:
Chief Financial Officer.
• Patrick Nicolet:
Competitiveness and India.
• Lanny Cohen:
Chief Technology Officer.
• Ashwin Yardi:
Operations - India
SERVICES PROVIDED :
• Capgemini helps you improve your company’s performance. We deliver real business results
through a people-centered approach to technology and providing the right expertise
according to your needs.
• Capgemini Offers :
Application Lifecycle Services
Application Outsourcing Service
Business Process Management (BPM)
Digital Customer Experience
Service MFinance & Accounting
Insights & Data
Local Professional Services
Product and Engineering Services
Secure Your Assets
Supply Chain Management
• Hewlett Packard Enterprises
• Global Technology Partners
VISION AND MISSION
• At Capgemini, they live and breathe the philosophy that people matter and results count.
• Vision: the business value of technology comes from and through people.
• Capgemini understands that business value cannot be achieved through technology alone. It
starts with people: experts working together to get to the heart of your individual business
objectives and develop the most adapted solutions to fit these requirements. They believe
this human-centered approach to technology is what makes the difference for the business.
• Mission: with customers, they create and deliver business and technology solutions that fit
their needs and drive the results customer want.
• Capgemini enables us to transform our organization and improve performance. They aim to
empower us to respond more quickly and intuitively to changing market dynamics. By
bolstering our ability to harness the right technology, they help us become more agile and
• Collaboration is central to the way we do business. Their experts join forces with our people
to form a cohesive team. More than just a promise, their capacity to collaborate has
become a key client expectation. They call this approach the Collaborative Business
Experience®. It shows in their every interaction and is their way of forging closer, more
• People matter, results count.