Using Illustrator Fashion Templates by www.ChildrensFashionDesign.com
How To UseChildren’s Fashion Designs Templates Guide for Adobe Illustrator or any Vector File Format) Presented by Children’s Fashion Design Studio
1. 3. 4. 2. 1. On your Illustrator (or other Vector program) open a style sheet. 2. Create a new artboard next to your style sheet page. 3. Select and copy any style you wish to edit. 4. Past style onto second artboard.
2. 3. 1.1. Select and copy any garment part from (any) style sheet which you would like to replace with other parts.2. Paste part close to the style on second artboard.3. Select and copy both garment and parts from second artboard.
1. 3. 2. 1. Open a Fabric Swatch Sheet 2. Create a new artboard next to your style sheet page. 3. Paste the style and garment part from clipboard onto artboard
1. 2.1. Select sleeves (or whatever garment part you wish to change).2. Click “DELETE”. (Make sure that only the garment parts you want to change are selected before you delete).
1. 2. 3. COPY1. Select sleeve (garment part) you wish to use .2. Click and drag the part to the area you want to attach it to.3. Select that part one more time and click ‘copy’.
2. 4. 3. Paste 1. COPY1. Select new sleeve (garment part) and click ‘Copy” and “Paste2. Select new sleeve, click “Reflect” tool (reflect tool box appears) and click “vertical’, then click “OK”.3. Select new sleeve and drag to other armhole (or new part to any area you wish to place it on)4. Select the reflected sleeve and drag and place appropriately where you wish to place it.
2. 1. 3.1. Select and enlarge garment2. With the ‘Direct Selection’ tool, click an area of the garment you wish to fill with the selected fabric swatch.3. Select the ‘Eyedropper’ tool and then select the fabric swatch you wish to use.
1. 2. 3. COPY Ctrl + Alt + C1. Continue to ‘direct select’ areas to fill and with ‘eyedropper tool, select the fabric swatches you want to use.2. When all areas you wish to add fabric to are complete, you can continue to select buttons, stitches and any other areas to colorize and click each color on the swatch panel at right of screen.3. Use select tool and create a square outline around the full garment . Select ‘Copy’.
1. Open a new document and ‘Paste’ new garment. When finished, select the entire garment, then select and resize to your desired size. Save as an .ai file format and as an image format for easy online uploading.