How To UseChildren’s Fashion Designs Templates Guide for Adobe Illustrator or any Vector File Format) Presented by Children’s Fashion Design Studio
1. 3. 4. 2. 1. On your Illustrator (or other Vector program) open a style sheet. 2. Create a new artboard next to your style sheet page. 3. Select and copy any style you wish to edit. 4. Past style onto second artboard.
2. 3. 1.1. Select and copy any garment part from (any) style sheet which you would like to replace with other parts.2. Paste part close to the style on second artboard.3. Select and copy both garment and parts from second artboard.
1. 3. 2. 1. Open a Fabric Swatch Sheet 2. Create a new artboard next to your style sheet page. 3. Paste the style and garment part from clipboard onto artboard
1. 2.1. Select sleeves (or whatever garment part you wish to change).2. Click “DELETE”. (Make sure that only the garment parts you want to change are selected before you delete).
1. 2. 3. COPY1. Select sleeve (garment part) you wish to use .2. Click and drag the part to the area you want to attach it to.3. Select that part one more time and click ‘copy’.
2. 3. Paste 1.1. Click “Paste”.2. Select new sleeve, click “Reflect” tool (reflect tool box appears) and click “vertical’, then click “OK”.3. Select new sleeve and drag to other armhole (or new part to any area you wish to place it on)
2. 3. 1.1. Select and enlarge garment2. With the ‘Direct Selection’ tool, click an area of the garment you wish to fill with the fabric.3. Select the ‘Eyedropper’ tool and with that tool, click the fabric swatch you wish to use to fill the selected area on the garment.
1. 2. 3. COPY Ctrl + Alt + C1. Continue to ‘direct select’ areas to fill and with ‘eyedropper tool, click the fabric swatches you want to use.2. When all areas you wish to add fabric to are filled appropriately, you can continue to select buttons, stitches and any other areas to colorize and click each with fabric swatches of colors from the swatch panel at right of screen.3. When finished with swatches, use select tool and create a square outline around the full garment . Select ‘Copy’.
Open a new document and ‘Paste’ new garment. You can now select the entire garment andresize it, move it, or leave it as is. Save as an Illustrator (or other vector file .ai format ANDsave a copy as an image format for easy online uploading.