Cell Phone: 0093- 781 612 320
Home Address: 1st
Block No: 5th
Apartment No: 10th
, Kabul Afghanistan
Date of Birth: January 01, 1980
Marital Status: Married
To apply my knowledge and skills for the mutual benefit to myself and the organization for
which I work. To prove myself as an important, significant and contributory team member in
the growth and development of the organization.
Chief Financial Officer for the Sustainable Development of Natural Resources Project
(SDNRP) World Bank Funded Project under the Ministry of Mines and Petroleum.
2014- Ongoing MBA Master of Business Administration. Indian School of Business
1999 - 2003 B.A – Bachelor of Economics and Finance, Nangarhar University, Afghanistan
1986 – 1998 High School Diploma, Chiknowri High School, Nangarhar Afghanistan
2000- 2001 Certificates in English Language IRC English Language Center Nangarhar Province.
2001- 2002 Certificates in Computer program Nangarhar Computer Center.
Professional Courses and Training
No Seminar/Training Date Organization
1 World Bank Financial
Management & Disbursement
World Bank and IFC
office New Delhi, India
2 Budgeting and Financial
Management in Public Sector
25th May 02-Jun-
3 World Bank Disbursement and
Client Connection Training
27-31 May 2013 World Bank Treasury
4 General Management for Officer
from Afghanistan Government
11-21 Jan, 2013 International Management
Institute (IMI) New Delhi
Financial Management and
Disbursement training for World
Bank funded project
May 28- Jun-3rd
College of India (ASCI)
Financial Management and
Disbursement Course for World
Bank Financed Projects
03 to 14 May, 2010 Malawi Institute of
7 English Language Course Jan 2009 British Council - Kabul
Online training on international
Player in Public Finance and Debit
28 Aug, 2009
United Nations Institute for
Training and Research.
Switzerland Office of
Six week Accounting and Financial
Reporting Training course
Aug to Sept, 2007 Afghanistan Institute of
Quick Book Training Aug 2007 Afghanistan Institute of
11 Financial Management Capacity
Jul 30 2007 The World Bank, Kabul
In house Senior Management
2007 SDNRP/PMU, Kabul
13 Financial Compliance Workshop Feb 2005 USAID/RECH, Kabul
14 Financial Management Jan 2005
IbnSina Public Health
Program for Afghanistan
15 Financial Management Sep 19 to 23, 2004
On Job Financial Management
More than 10 year of practical work experience in the field of accounting and financial
Organization: Ministry of Labor, Social Affairs, Martyrs and Disabled (MoLSMAD)
World Bank Financed Project- Safety Nets and Pension Support Project
From/To: 20-July-2016 to present,
Position: Senior Financial Management Specialist,
SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES ARE AS FOLLOWING.
- Developed a financial management software for the project bookkeeping, accounting and
- Supervise and monitor project FM staffs, and perform performance appraisal review at the
end of each fiscal year.
- Preparing detail annual budget for the project based on the procurement plan.
- According to the donor and government requirement perform Monthly, Quarterly and
Annual bank reconciliation and financial management reports.
- Request the WB to update the client connection for the prior review contracts.
- Establishment payment process mechanism for the project.
- Establish and enhance internal control system including payments and fixed asset.
- Prepared project budget and cash flow forecast as per the approved annual budget.
- Petty Cash management and control system.
- Follow up of Donor operating procedure and the government of Islamic republic of
- Prepare monthly withdrawal application in order to maintain sufficient budget in the project
- Follow up of payment to MoF, SDU and DAB.
- Liaise with the external and internal auditors and response for the audit observation.
- Follow up of government of Afghanistan Public financial procedure and WB disbursement
procedure, and maintaining of the accounting records according to the GoA accounting
policies and practice and comply with the chart of account of the MoF developed by
- Update and revise project financial management manual as and when need.
- Support capacity building of the civil servants of the MoLSAMD’s finance department.
- Work with project safety net team, MoF and with other stakeholders to finalize/update the
payment mechanism for the cash benefits transfer.
- Maintain all necessary FM safeguards are in place for the safety net benefit transfers.
- Maintain and update project books of account for each component of the project.
- Tracking project expenditure under each category and components and report to the general
manager and component team leaders.
- Regular reconciliation of project disbursement with MoF, DAB and client connection.
- Supervise Financial Management Officer, Cashier and Admin Section of the project
- Contract analysis of the staff against actual payment.
- Budget analysis and budget variances report to the World Bank and MoLSAMD
Organization: Ministry of Mines and Petroleum
PROJECT MANAGEMENT UNIT (PMU)
World Bank financed - SUSTAINABLE DEVELOPMENT OF
NATURAL RESOURCES Project-2 (SDNRP-II) – Kabul Afghanistan
From/To: January 01, 2012 – 31-July-2016
Position: Chief Finance Officer (CFO)
Responsibilities: In charge of the PMU Financial Management
Department, in charge of Disbursement and Approval of Payments
and Expenditure of the 93 local staff, 12 International Consultants
and 16 International consultancy Firms.
SPECIFIC RESPONSIBLITIES INCLUDE:
- Developed a database for the project financial transaction record and preparation of the
required financial Management Report to meet World Bank and Ministry of Mines
- Provide on the job training and capacity building program for the admin and finance
- Maintaining contract analysis for project international consultant and consultancy
companies in order to control the line budgets.
- Closed Coordination with the World Bank Task Team, treasury office for the processing of
- Responsible for the preparation of timely financial report to the project top Management
and Minister of Mines and Petroleum.
- Prepared the Project Financial Management Manual which brings together planning,
budgeting, accounting, financial reporting, internal control, auditing, procurement,
disbursement, and the physical performance of the project’s activities with the aim of
managing resources to achieve the development objectives. Sound financial management is
critical to project implementation and hence the achievement of the desired development
- Preparation of B27, PCS, M16, B20, M12 and other required documents to the Ministry of
Finance budget and treasury departments
- Facilitate Internal and External Auditors while auditing the project financial statements at
the end of each fiscal year. And Responsible to provided response for the audit observation
with the consultation of the of the project top management.
- Preparing Commitment register management in order to shows total commitment against
- Maintaining proper advance register for the project.
- Processing of Invoices for payment according to the Government of Afghanistan/ Ministry
of Finance accounting procedures and World Bank norms.
- Prepare statements of Expenditure for Withdrawal Applications for the reimbursement of
the Project Special Account.
- Prepare monthly progress reports to the project co-ordinator on the operations of the
financial management system due date being the 14th
day of each month.
- Prepare monthly financial statements, quarterly (IFR) Project Financial Management reports
and annual financial statements.
For Project Operation and Management I have the following responsibilities.
- Coordinate all the activities of the project and effect financial management of the
project and assist the PMU executive Director.
- Assist the PMU executive Director in the strategic planning and management of the
- Regular liaison with the World Bank Task Team to insure maintained regarding
technical, administrative and financial aspect of the execution of the project.
- Process and transmit to the Bank’s TTL requests for no objection regarding
procurement, work and training plans and all other actions requiring the prior no
objection of the World Bank.
- Assisting the PMU executive Director in ensuring that the legal covenants and other
obligations of the client with regard to the project technical annex and financial
agreement are met.
- Follow up and reporting on the progress in completion of the tasks stated in each Aide
Memoire following a World bank supervision Mission.
- Monitoring outputs/ deliverables and performance of the consultancy firms/ individuals
working under project.
- Monitoring PMU expenditure against approved annual and quarterly budgets and
ensuring timely budget forecasts for smooth cash flow and liquidity.
- Monitoring existing systems, regulations and procedures in the PMU operations to
ensure efficient delivery of services and to identify gaps and delays if any and advise the
PMU executive Director on possible solutions.
- Proposing and implementing new systems/ procedures or revisions to existing ones to
enhance project delivery.
- Authorizing expenditure for PMU operations in accordance with agreed PMU
operational policy instructions.
- Preparation of progress reports as required.
- Assist the executive Director in coordination with donors.
Organization: Ministry of Mines/PMU/SDNRP/World Bank Project– Kabul Afghanistan
From/To: 01-July-2008 to December 31, 2011
Position: Financial Management Specialist
Managed all financial operation, Designed, established and maintained an
appropriate project financial management system including internal controls,
budgeting, accounting, reporting and auditing, proving response for audit
observation, produced monthly and quarterly Interim Financial Reports (IFR)
Organization: Ministry of Mines/PMU/SDNRP/World Bank Project– Kabul Afghanistan
From/To: 26-Aug-2006 to 30-June-2008
Position: Project Accountant
Assist the Project International Accountant in the administrative, accounting
and financial management of the project, specifically responsible for all
accounting procedures related to the project execution and project book
keeping, on completion of the term of contract of the project international
accountant full responsibility for the project financial activities.
Organization: Kabul Urban Reconstruction Project (KURP) Program Management Unit-
World Bank Funded Project Ministry of Urban Development (MoUD) Kabul
FROM/TO: Aug 15, 2005 to Aug 31 2006
Position: Assistant Finance Manager
Developed a Chart of Accounts, Preparing monthly withdrawal application,
processing of payments on daily basis via Ministry of Finance, Petty Cash
Management, performing regular Bank Reconciliation, Date entry of financial
transactions in the data base, Preparing of B27, PCs, M16, B20 and other
allotment relate form, Established and maintained adequate internal control,
Maintaining a clear filling system for financial documents and matters,
Classifying and Translation of bills into the English.
Organization: IbnSina Public Health Program for Afghanistan
From/To: March 01, 2005 to 31-July- 2005
Position Finance Officer, Laghman Regional Office, European Union Funded project
Via Ministry of Public Health
The project was multi donor’s fund, such as EU, World Bank, USAID,
Data entry for Laghman Regional office, Use computerized accounting system
for the recording of financial transaction, bookkeeping, reporting, cash book,
general ledger and etc, Preparing statements of expenditure on monthly basis,
Reconciling of the cash book balances with a computerize Accounting system,
Classifying and translating of bills in to English, Updating hiring and firing of
employment for the Laghman regional office and report to the Kabul main
office, Checking of mission forms and routine expenses bills, Preparing of
monthly and Quarterly financial report to IbnSina main office and donor
agencies, Preparing vouchers, Cash flow & monthly Payrolls of regional office,
Organization: IbnSina Public Health Program for Afghanistan – Mazar-e- Sharif
From/To: May 01, 2004 up to February 28, 2005
Position Accounting Officer, USAID funded project, Institute of Health Since
Follow up USAID roles in regulation for implementation of the financial
activities, Use a computerized accounting system for recording
transaction, Prepare all kind of vouchers on daily basis, Collect and
examine supporting documents, Adjusting of outstanding advances from
the staff salaries, Cash Reconciliation on daily basis in special Cash
count format, Cash Reconciliation on Monthly Basis, Preparing of
monthly budget line control for regional office expenses, Preparing of
monthly finance report to IbnSina main office.
Organization: IbnSina Public Health Program for Afghanistan, European Commission
(EC) funded project in Nangarhar province - Afghanistan
From/To February 01, 2004 to April 30, 2004
Position Accounting Officer
Collect and examine supporting documents, updating of outstanding
advances, Cash Reconciliation on daily basis, Cash Reconciliation on
Monthly Basis, Preparing of monthly budget line control for regional
office expenses, Preparing of monthly finance report to IbnSina main
Skills and abilities:
Well educational background
Capable of working in any circumstance and ready for assignments
Able to travel when needed
Able to work under pressure and meet deadlines
Having knowledge of World Bank/ Ministry of Finance and other international donors.
Eager to achieve the targeted goals. (Organization’s success)
Well educated, completely self-controlled and high performance
Ability to work with all level of individuals
Ability to work in high stress and time sensitive situations
Currently In charge of finance staff in the World Bank Project Management Unit.
Developed a financial management and procurement software for World Bank project in
the Ministry of Mines grant (h238-Af and H699-AF
Design of Integrated Financial Spreadsheets in EXCEL for managing accounts
Design of integrated financial spreadsheet in EXCEL for contract analysis and control.
Preparing and checking Invoices from 40 national staff, 40individual national
consultants, 22 individual international consultants, and 6 consultancies companies.
Verifying performance and managing PMU payments of 28 million USD on services
and 10 million USD on goods since September 2006.
Special role in invoice payment system for 18 international Rescue Archaeologists at the
Aynak Copper Mine.
Comprehensive experience of using Spread Sheets in Excel, MS Word, Power Point,
Internet Use, Hardware and software trouble shooting.
Have complete command on and informally taught the following languages:
Language Reading Speaking Writing
English Excellent Excellent Excellent
Dari Mother Tongue Mother Tongue Mother Tongue
Pashto Mother Tongue Mother Tongue Mother Tongue
Urdu/ Hindi Fair Fair Fair
MS office, internet, Utilities and installation
English = 60 wpm
Dari = 40 wpm
Pashto = 40 wpm
Interested to upgrade my knowledge and skill based on new technology and standards