•Internet era caused lot of bandwidth wastage.
•Data space also was wasted as each device had its
independent data stored.
• Agents were introduced.
• Direct communication to Web Server.
• So Communication costs and time reduced.
• Cloud Computing(2010):
• Is a technique where the cloud(web server) stores
all the necessary data and softwares.
• The front-ends are given a virtual interface of
communicating with the data without themselves
containing the data.
• the details of the infrastructure in the “clouds” are
• Eg:DropBox,Google Docs in Gmail etc.
Cloud Computing for
• Location-based Agents.
• PtMS(Parallel transportation Management System).
• Agents donot have to carry data storage.
• Cloud will contain all the traffic based data and
strategies in its databases.
Cloud Computing for
• The commuters (travellers) will be updated with
traffic route choices and Strategies.
• The commuters will also be informed about
• Infact , commuters can upload the cloud with
occurences (accidents) and neccessary actions
can be taken.
•autonomous, mobile, and adaptive
• Authorized middleware applications.
•Other front-end application.
•Travellers who are mobile.
3. Strategic Manager:
•Remote based Application at the cloud.
• Handles the agents , adds and deletes agents.
•Checks authenticity of agents.
•Maintains multiple kinds of database for storing
various traffic strategies.
Subscri be to
traffi c alerts
traffi c data
traffi c rou
1: subscribe to traffic alerts
2: check user validity
3: subscription successful
5: check agent validity
6: login successful
7: update traffic information
8: store the information in db
9: analyse data according to location
10: alert the subscriber
11: create new traffic route
12: update the subscriber
1. Back –end:
Strategic manager :SQL Server with a PHP browser
Java Database Connectivity(Jdbc driver).
• Front-end commuters : Android application
designed by using Eclipse IDE on windows.
The Agent application will be Android application
• Smart phones are owned by everyone today.
• Access have become speedy.
• Android is the new popular OS ,and will exist for
years to come.
• A software-controlled traffic management and
Mobile-user friendly application.