WHAT IS BRAIN- DRAIN?
Large scale- emigration with technical
skill and knowledge.
CAUSES OF BRAIN- DRAIN
• Low salaries.
• Lack of opportunities.
• Lack of employment.
• Absence of necessary equipment.
• Political instability in home countries.
• Lack of information and misguidance.
BRAIN- DRAIN’S SCOPE AND
1. opportunity to fulfill goal and dreams.
2. scope of developing the talent.
3. contribute in GDP.
1. Loss of Skills through emigrations.
2. Sometimes called “Lost Human Capital”.
3. increase the gap between rich & poor
BRAIN- DRAIN REVERSAL
• India, the world’s 4 largest GDP.
• 30% IT industry growth in last 10
• Recruit over 100,000 people in
2007-2008 in big 6 software
• Indian companies now pay global
• 60000 arrivals in India in 2010 from
• 72% IIT graduates see India as
having most promising future (only
17% mention USA).
• Drop in numbers of graduates
thinking of emigrating, from 75% in
80’s to 28%.
• Brain Drain Index improved from 3.0
SOLUTION TO CURBE BRAIN-
1. Create better opportunities by government.
2. Fair salary according to skill and knowledge.
3. Open more institute for higher education.
4. Better educational infrastructure.
5. Expand job opportunity.