Awarded For Outstanding technical leadership
in the field of modern quality
Presented By American Society for Quality
First Awarded 1948
Official Website http://www.asq.org/about-
by use of
• Create constancy of purpose towards improvement of product
• Adopt the new philosophy.
• Cease dependence on mass inspection.
• End the practice of awarding business on the basis of price.
• Continuously improve the system of production and service.
• Institute modern methods of training on the job.
• Institute modern methods of leadership of production workers.
• Drive out fear.
• Break down barriers between departments.
• Eliminate slogans aimed solely at the work force.
• Eliminate work, standards that prescribe numerical quotas.
• Remove barriers that hinder workers
• Institute a vigorous program of education and retraining.
• Take action to accomplish the transformation
Dr. Shoichiro Toyoda
President (1982-1999) of Toyota
“Every day I think about what he meant to us. Deming is the core of