1. Citizen Voices in a
Networked Age of #BigData
Global Conference on Citizen Engagement for
Enhanced Development Impact
March 17, 2013
Dr. Stuart Shulman
2. Conflict of Interest Disclosure
• I am the founder and CEO Texifter, LLC.
• Texifter recently sold the DiscoverText software to Vision Critical.
• I profited from the asset sale, as did UMass.
• I stand to profit further from sales of DiscoverText licenses.
• A UMass panel has managed the case from cradle to grave.
• I am currently an employee of Vision Critical Inc. and UMass.
22. Thank-you for having me!
Dr. Stuart W. Shulman
Vice President for Text Analytics, Vision Critical
Founder & CEO, Texifter, LLC
Assistant Professor, University of Massachusetts Amherst
Director, Qualitative Data Analysis Program (QDAP)
Associate Director, National Center for Digital Government
Editor Emeritus, Journal of Information Technology & Politics