The Last Dance Agency focuses on helping you shoot your way to success.
Let’s shoot your shot.
- MAIP Team 23
Tarahgee Morris Steven Hernandez
Victoria CastilloRameen Ali
Strategy Account Art DirectionSocial Strategy
Media Planning Media Planning
Create an integrated initiative that allows
Citi to drive awareness of its commitment to gender
equality overtime, both internally and externally.
Demonstrate Citi’s Commitment to driving
an equitable recovery for working Millennial WOC post-
Citibank was founded in 1812.
The first of its competitors, but still falls behind in use among our target demographic. Providing more
accessible financial services and advice will strengthen Citi.
How we will do it differently
Competitors see opportunity in Female consumers.
However, women are less likely to want to learn about financial topics but do not
think all banks are the same. Citi has the opportunity to differentiate1
Our competition offers financial literacy tools too. Citi chooses to be different by
focusing on Millennial WOC.
1. Marous, J. (n.d.). How Leading Financial Brands Are Using Digital Marketing To Win Consumers. Retrieved from https://thefinancialbrand.com/75882/financial-banking-digital-advertising-marketing-
Millennial WOC who act as
caregivers in their families and social
We want to focus on the unsung heroes
who have stayed resilient through trying
Citi Girls are hard-working
women who want to enhance their
futures, better their communities, and
sustain their families.
They are self-motivated
empowering individuals who are
breaking generational norms and taking
charge of their financial freedom while
balancing modern-day life.
Pre and Post Pandemic Occupation:
Worked full time as a janitor at a local
business. Takes care of kids and
Pre & Post Pandemic Social channels
transition: I mainly use Twitter and
Facebook to get my news and stay in
contact with my friends.
“When the pandemic occured my place of
work was forced to close and my hours were
cut. I am my family’s main financial support
and this has been a challenging time for me.”
Caresha JohnsonLizzie Ramirez
Pre and Post Pandemic Occupation:
Pre & Post Pandemic Social channels
transition: I use Instagram and Facebook
on a daily for promoting by business and
communicating with my family.
“Before the Pandemic, my businesses was
booming and I was getting more than 3 new
customers a week. Since then, I’ve been
researching loans for my company and have
struggled on knowing what to do financially”
Primary Research Results
We surveyed 81 women on their financial literacy
chose bank based on convenient
work full-time while 31% are
of financial knowledge stems
from their family & friends
are only somewhat confident on
their financial knowledge
already have the
Income ratios to
less than a penny
for every dollar
earned by white
lenders for higher
of student loans1
1. Sokunbi, B. (2020, June 15). Why Your Financial Well-Being As a Woman of Color is Critical. Retrieved August 06, 2020, from https://www.clevergirlfinance.com/blog/financial-well-being-for-women-of-color/
Most vulnerable to
health and financial
Most likely to be
of their families2
1. Cahn, N. (2020, May 24). COVID-19's Impact On Women Of Color. Retrieved August 06, 2020, from https://www.forbes.com/sites/naomicahn/2020/05/10/mothers-day-and-covid-19s-impact-on-women-of-color/
2. Frye, J. (n.d.). On the Frontlines at Work and at Home: The Disproportionate Economic Effects of the Coronavirus Pandemic on Women of Color. Retrieved August 06, 2020, from
…and the pandemic
only makes it worse.
Women of Color have less
accessibility to education and
financial literacy compared to other
ethnic groups. We stand with
Women of Color by doing our part
to close the gap.
Our Citi Girls will break through barriers. Imagine
what Women of Color would achieve if they didn’t
have the cards stacked against them.
Big idea: Citi Girls Initiative
Citi pay gap
Citi will reaffirm the commitment to reduce
pay gap and focus their efforts into hiring,
retaining, and promoting WOC.
Gilchrist, K. (2020, January 17). Citigroup recorded a 27% gender pay gap so it hiked some women's wages. Retrieved August 07,
2020, from https://www.cnbc.com/2020/01/17/citigroup-reports-27percent-global-gender-pay-gap-announces-rebalancing.html
Citi Care for
● Remote work opportunities
● Extended 6 months parental/family leave to ALL employees
● Access to Mental Health services
● Monthly rewards incentive, i.e. gift cards
Female identifying Citi employees will be offered:
Account based marketing will target Citi
employees focusing on their unique perspectives
and positions within the organization to drive
marketing and communication efforts.
&LinkedIn users are 70% more likely to engage
with their company updates. Using LinkedIn to
communicate the new internal initiatives allows
Citi to drive awareness on how they’re driving an
equitable recovery for their WOC employees.
Arruda, W. (2014, Jan 7). Why Every Employee At Your Company Should Use LinkedIn. Retrieved from https://www.forbes.com/sites/williamarruda/2014/01/07/why-every-employee-at-your-company-should-use-
Baker, K. (n.d.). The Ultimate Guide to Account-Based Marketing (ABM). Retrieved from https://blog.hubspot.com/marketing/account-based-marketing-guide
Overview & Cultural Moments
Flight 1: March 1 - 28
Women of Color Day
Women’s History Month
Flight 3: May 24 - June 27
Flight 4: July 26 - Aug 29
Equal Pay Day
Flight 5: Oct 11 - Nov 7
Latinx Women Equal Pay
Flight 2: April 5 - May 2
Equal Pay Day for Women
Flight 5: Sept 6 - Oct 4
Equal Pay Day
1. Women's History Month. (n.d.). March is Women's History Month. Retrieved from https://womenshistorymonth.gov/about
2. Women of Color Day (n.d.). History. Retrieved from https://www.womenofcolorday.com/htdocs/origins.htm
3. Equal Pay Day. (n.d.). Join the Women's Rights Community: Demand equal pay. Retrieved from http://www.equalpaytoday.org/equalpaydays
Citi does not have many locations in the
U.S. compared to their competitors. To
effectively reach Citi employees and
consumers, Out-of-Home ads will be
placed in DMAs with the highest number
of Citibank locations such as Los Angeles,
San Francisco, Dallas, Chicago, New
York, and Miami.
SimplyAnalytics. (n.d.). Simply Analytics. Retrieved from https://app-simplyanalytics-com.ezproxy.lib.utexas.edu/index.html
Reaching Millennials WOC in the U.S. to support them to greater levels of
financial literacy so they can become the CFOs of their own lives.
How being your
You deserve financial security.
You deserve equal wages.
You deserve a bright financial future.
You are your own advocate in the workplace.
You can achieve more than
you thought possible when
you’re in charge of your
finances and your future.
Broadcast & OTT
Cable and Satellite television are the go-to channels for Millennials during the pandemic. These targets are
selective with programming, and are quick to opt into streaming services due to their “anytime, anywhere” approach.
Placing ads on YouTube, Hulu, and most viewed news and entertainment TV channels will provide an avenue for Citi to
emphasize their message of driving equitable recovery for working women during this year.
29Mitchell, T. (2020, May). Black Consumers and Media Consumption: Incl Impact of COVID-19 - US - May 2020. Retrieved from https://reports-mintel-
To compete with their competitors, Citi
can bid on competitive keywords and
keywords that relate to this campaign’s
initiative helping to increase their brand
awareness throughout the year.
The COVID-19 pandemic hurt small
businesses owned by women of color far more than
Citi is committed to helping these small
businesses impacted by the pandemic through our
relief fund. Small business owners will have an
opportunity to receive a grant towards their business
through our application.
31Meyer, Z. (2020, June 08). Small businesses owned by women, people of color, and immigrants are harder hit by COVID-19. Retrieved August 07, 2020, from https://www.fastcompany.com/90514082/small-businesses-
41%of Black women were affected
32%of Latinx women were affected
25%of all women who owned small
Paid Social will be used to start the first flight to align with
Women’s History Month and raise awareness for CitiBank. Throughout
the entire campaign, messaging will differ according to the cultural
events the remaining flights are centered around.
Among the various social
platforms, Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest,
and Youtube rank highest for female Citibank
Our target audience escapes into
Pinterest to pin, share and see
how others cultivate their prosperity through
boards. Citi will place ads promoting helpful
blogs throughout the platform.
YouTube offers a place for women to have
more in-depth conversations surrounding
female social issues, such as pressures of
starting a family and the wage gap.
1. 2019 Spring GfK Reporter MRI. (2019). Women Who Used Citibank
in the Last 12 Months.
Facebook offers a family dynamic that
our target audience values. We will share
workshops and offer resources
dedicated to supporting women of color
and their families.
Instagram provides the most advanced
advertising targeting option, allowing us
to successfully promote our resources
and events to our target audience.
1. 2019 Spring GfK Reporter MRI. (2019). Women Who Used Citibank in the Last 12 Months. https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1saUqbP4VwNSaY3j8f-
Citibank will use its media platforms as spaces to
celebrate days dedicated to supporting women of
From Women of Color Day in March to Black
Women’s Equal Pay Day in August, Citibank content
will be dedicated to staying connected to women of
color initiatives and issues.
77% of internet users read
blogs regularly. Creating a Citi girl
blog will help Citi develop a personal
brand and humanize our campaign.
We will post recaps and key points from
our workshops and podcast and then
promote them on social media
platforms such as Pinterest.
Create a Website. (n.d.). Retrieved August 07, 2020, from
Citi wants to help you navigate a complex
system that wasn’t meant for you. Let Citi be your
guide to a brighter, financial future.
Financial literacy is important for people
to understand how to make, manage, invest, and
Bringing financial knowledge to women
of color under the poverty line, re-entering society
from prison, and in shelters allows Citi to reach
individuals who have struggled as a result of
• Financial literacy for next generation earners
on university grounds.
• Preparedness for students to have financial
literacy they’ll need after the pandemic.
• Incentivize small business owners during Covid-
19 with a grant raffle.
• How to responsively take out loans.
Pairing billboards and transit ads with
Spotify and Pandora will allow Citibank’s
commitment to Women of Color to have
CitiCare® Rewards Program
are the primary or sole breadwinners for their
families, compared with 37% of white mothers.
This rewards program will reach mothers of color and show commitment to working
women who also support their families.
1. Frye, J. (n.d.). On the Frontlines at Work and at Home: The Disproportionate Economic Effects of the Coronavirus Pandemic on Women of Color.
Retrieved August 06, 2020, from https://www.americanprogress.org/issues/women/reports/2020/04/23/483846/frontlines-work-home/
67.5%of Black mothers of Latinx mothers
CitiCare® Rewards Program
A new Citibank ThankYou® Rewards
card that offers cash back rewards for child care
Supports caregivers to help cover costs for
products they’re already investing in:
● Baby formula
● Car seats
Citi X Conferences
Citi will be partner with women of
color-focused organizations and appear at
conferences such as CultureCon and
ColorComm to bring awareness to the
issue of financial literacy.
Citibank understands the importance of career
readiness and the struggle that many Women of
Color have. During CultureCon and other
sponsored conferences, Citibank will hold a pop
up section dedicated to preparing Women of
Color to “Boss Up”.
They will offer makeovers, business plan reviews,
confident body language training, professional
headshots and professional attire.
Boss Up Pop Up
62% of Black consumers trust Black-targeted media outlets such as Blavity, NBCBlack, and Huff Post Black
Voices. Creating content that offers authentic assistance resonates well with consumers. Aligning with online
publications allows Citi to communicate the importance of empowering women through financial literacy.
48Mitchell, T. (2020, May). Black Consumers and Media Consumption: Incl Impact of COVID-19 - US - May 2020. Retrieved from https://reports-mintel-
Audio: Streaming Services
Citibank will be placing audio ads on free
streaming services such as Pandora and Spotify.
African-American and Latinx Millennials utilize
free streaming services1 such as Pandora and
Spotify2 multiple times a day.
1. Mitchell, T. (2020, May). Black Consumers and Media Consumption: Incl Impact of COVID-19 - US - May 2020. Retrieved from https://reports-mintel-
2. Ruiz, J. (2020, Jun). Marketing to Hispanic Millennials: Incl Impact of COVID-19 - US - June 2020. Retrieved from https://reports-mintel-
Radio Ad: “WAP”
Black podcast listeners skew toward women 18-34 in middle-
class income households. These consumers are willing to invest in
personalized brand messaging that adds to the experience.
Citibank will be the main sponsor of a podcast and partner with influential
women in business and entertainment sectors, such as Jamila Souffrant,
Michelle Obama and Tabitha Brown, to educate Millennials of the
importance of financial literacy.
CITI GIRLS Podcast
1. Mitchell, T. (2020, May). Black Consumers and Media Consumption: Incl Impact of COVID-19 - US - May 2020. Retrieved from
Experiential: Citigirl Live
Citi Field in Queens, NY will be used to host
our Citigirl Live event, a social-distanced concert
focused on uplifting and empowering millennial
woc by providing an entertaining outlet .
Usually holding over 40,000 people the space
will accommodate according to local CDC
1. Morrow, S. (n.d.) Cost of Marketing II: Advertising on cable TV. Retrieved from https://www.legalzoom.com/articles/cost-of-marketing-ii-advertising-on-cable-tv
2. Google Ads. (n.d.) Google Ads. Retrieved from https://ads.google.com/home/
3. Blue Line Media. (n.d.). Subway Ads. Retrieved from https://www.bluelinemedia.com/subway-advertising#rates
4. Blue Line Media. (n.d.). Subway Ads. Retrieved from https://www.bluelinemedia.com/billboard-advertising#rates
5. Social media advertising costs in 2020 (n.d.). Retrieved from https://www.webfx.com/how-much-does-social-media-advertising-cost.html
6. Podcast Advertising Rates 2020 (2020). Retrieved from https://www.advertisecast.com/podcast-advertising-rates
7. McNiel, T. (2018, Jun 1). RTB Audio Ads on the Rise: Pandora Versus Spotify. Retrieved from https://www.acquisio.com/blog/innovation/rtb-audio-ads-pandora-vs-spotify/
8. Social Tables. (n.d.). Conference Cost Estimator: Large-Scale Event Expenses You Need to Know to Budget Right. Retrieved from https://www.socialtables.com/blog/event-planning/conference-cost-estimator/
9. Montgomery, E. (n.d.). So You Want To Sponsor A Conference? The Ultimate Guide for Startup Marketers. Retrieved from https://highalpha.com/so-you-want-to-sponsor-a-conference-the-ultimate-guide-for-startup-marketers/#:~:text=You%20might%20pay%20%24100%2C000%20or,at%20a%20constrained%20marketing%20budget.
Citi hopes to drive awareness of its commitment to gender equality, and
engage its audience to sustain participation over time.
Citi will use social listening to analyze the public perception of the campaign. Using in-
platform analytics for their social channels will illustrate how well Citi is performing.
Additionally, Citi can analyze Google Trends and Google Analytics to see their increase
in number of searches and increase in website visits.
Citi will use measurement partners such as Millward Brown or Nielsen to analyze brand
attributes throughout the year ensure WOC’s financial literacy allyship.
Experiential Digital & Search
Clicks, website visits, impressions, shares,
Event attendance, on-
Clicks, website visits,
Key Performance Indicators
break these boundaries
Join us in watching our