• Freeing the data does not mean all users get direct database/backend
access, there is an elimination of all batch or that they do so insecurely.
• It DOES mean
• allowing consumers more freedom to create/be innovative
• reducing the need for shadow systems/shadow copies of data.
• providing more than one way to integrate (web services, messaging,
• & it DOES mean…
“Freeing” the data
Comprehensive Cancer – Chart-field Validation
Student Life – Chart-field Validation
LT/Carmen – Test Score Posting
Math Dept./Registrar – Test Score Posting
HR – ePay Service
University Community – Person Web Service
Vendors – Integration(WS):
Credentials, Inc. (Transcripts)
HigherOne-CashNet – Payments & Balance
Ketera, College Scheduler LLC, T2, …
Enterprise Integration Platform
• Goal: Establish an integration platform that supports the
ongoing effort to simply and reduce cost and risks associated
with systems/application integrations while increasing process
agility and continued creation of efficient, effective, & secure
information/data exchange & promoting innovation.