“The thief does not come except to steal,
and to kill, and to destroy. I have come
that they may have life, and that they may
have it more abundantly.” (John 10:10)
What is Supernatural Life?
• Zoe means “life”
• Perissos means “superior”
Jesus gives us a superior way of living.
Access Supernatural Life
• We must die to receive supernatural life
“For if you live according to the flesh you
will die; but if by the Spirit you put to
death the deeds of the body, you will
live.” (Rom 8:13)
Access Supernatural Life
• How do we live the Supernatural Life?
• We live by the Spirit of Christ.
Living the Supernatural Life.
“He has delivered us from the power of
darkness and conveyed us into the
kingdom of the Son of His love,”
It’s a completely different life!
It’s a whole new world!
What is life?
• Worldview – way of perceiving
• Language – way of communicating
• Culture – way of doing
“that the God of our Lord Jesus Christ,
the Father of glory, may give to you the
spirit of wisdom and revelation in the
knowledge of Him,” (Eph 1:17)
“But the Helper, the Holy Spirit, whom
the Father will send in My name, He will
teach you all things, and bring to your
remembrance all things that I said to
you.” (John 14:26)
• Jesus talked about work, money,
agriculture, food, shopping,
• Jesus was gloriously ordinary, even as
he was supernatural.
• Holy Spirit Reveals God’s heart for YOU!
“And the Holy Spirit descended in bodily
form like a dove upon Him, and a voice
came from heaven which said, "You are My
beloved Son; in You I am well pleased."
• Holy Spirit reveals the FUTURE
“However, when He, the Spirit of truth,
has come, He will guide you into all truth;
for He will not speak on His own
authority, but whatever He hears He will
speak; and He will tell you things to
come.” (John 16:13)
“Therefore, as the Holy Spirit says:
‘TODAY, IF YOU WILL HEAR HIS VOICE,”
OLD - grumble, complain, bragging,
flattering. (Jude 1:16)
NEW - build up, pray in the Spirit (Jude 1:20)
• Do good, touch the broken (Acts 10:38)
• Be witnesses (Acts 1:8)
• Heal the brokenhearted (Isaiah 61:1)
• Demonstrate with Signs & Wonders
• Lots more! (1 Cor. 12:4-11)
• All these demonstrations of the
Kingdom are the overflow of the culture
of the Kingdom.
• Fruit of the Spirit (Gal. 5) is the
outcome of the culture of the Kingdom.
• Worldview – perception
• Language – communication
• Culture – actions
All this is IMPOSSIBLE!
Apart from the Holy Spirit
His empowerment is the way we
live the life of Christ!
Celtic Prayer of Dedication
Most powerful Holy Spirit,
Come down upon us and subdue us
From heaven where the ordinary
Is made glorious,
And the glory seems but ordinary.
Bathe us with the brilliance
Of Your light like dew.