Be the first to like this
Augmenting customer services with chatbots
Part of Nightingale HQ's #AIFightsBack seminars
Watch on youtube: https://youtu.be/8uW3QC-JAvY
Presented by Steph Locke, CEO @ Nightingale HQ
What are chatbots?
> Bots are the new apps. People to-people conversations, people-to-digital assistants, people-to-bots, and even digital assistants-to-bots. That’s the world you’re going to get to see in the years to come. [Satya Nadella, quoted in USA Today]
The distinction between terms
App = A Graphical User Interface to perform tasks
Digital Assistant = A Speech User Interface to perform tasks
Bot = A Text User Interface to perform tasks
Chatbot usecases aka When is a chatbot appropriate?
- Knowledge queries
- Text(ish) interfaces to apps
- Middle tier between apps and voice
Live demo (hosted until mid-May 2020): https://nightingalehq.ai/bot-demo
General use case
- Organisation: WHO
- Who: Viber
- Action: Create an information and basic symptom checking bot
- Result: Multi-lingual COVID-19 information myth busting
E-commerce use case
- Company: Letterbox Lab
- Who: Mia, our data science apprentice
- Action: Set up a bot using Chatfuel to integrate in the company’s Facebook page
- Result: An extra sale from Facebook in the first day
Successful bot projects aka How do you make a bot?
- Address demand
- Start small
- Conversational design
Recommended technologies aka What software do I need for bots?
- Microsoft Bot Framework
- AWS Lex
Conclusion aka What should I do next?
7 Quick-win AI Projects paper
Our Chatfuel How To post
Getting started with bots