Successfully reported this slideshow.
We use your LinkedIn profile and activity data to personalize ads and to show you more relevant ads. You can change your ad preferences anytime.

New house building in Wales, 2017-18

491 views

Published on

Information on the number of new dwellings started and completed in Wales based on the reports of local authority building inspectors and the National House Building Council (NHBC)

Published in: Data & Analytics
  • Login to see the comments

  • Be the first to like this

New house building in Wales, 2017-18

  1. 1. New House Building in Wales 2017-18 Information on the number of new dwellings started and completed in Wales based on the reports of local authority building inspectors and the National House Building Council (NHBC)
  2. 2. Sources: New House Building 2017-18 Statistical Release (Welsh Government) 0 2,000 4,000 6,000 8,000 10,000 12,000 2005-06 2006-07 2007-08 2008-09 2009-10 2010-11 2011-12 2012-13 2013-14 2014-15 2015-16 2016-17 2017-18 Starts Completions Number of new dwellings started and completed annually
  3. 3. New dwellings started during 2017-18 6,037 new dwellings started during 2017-18 A decrease of 12% on 2016-17
  4. 4. New Dwellings Completed during 2017-18 6,663 dwellings completed during 2017-18 a decrease of 2% on 2016-17 82% of new dwellings were in the private sector
  5. 5. Highest rate of completions in 2017-18 was in the Vale of Glamorgan and Newport with rates of 13.5 and 12.8 per 1,000 dwellings respectively. Wales average was 4.7.
  6. 6. New dwellings completed by type During 2017-18, 75% (5,028) of all new dwellings built were houses and bungalows The remaining 25% (1,635) were flats
  7. 7. Size of new homes built, 2017-18 4 (+) beds 3 beds 2 beds 1 bed 23% 37% 28% 12%
  8. 8. Dwellings Completed by Tenure and Bedrooms, 2012/13 – 2017/18 (%) 8 27 21 44 40 25 31 4 0% 20% 40% 60% 80% 100% Private Sector Social Sector 1 bedroom 2 bedrooms 3 bedrooms 4 (or more) bedrooms
  9. 9. Want to know more? • For more analysis see our release, New House Building in Wales, 2017-18 • Access the underlying data on StatsWales • Get in touch with us at stats.housing@gov.wales • Follow us on twitter: @StatisticsWales

×