Use our handy guide to help guide you on your path to working with a reliable text message marke(ng vendor.
The market is crowded with poten(al companies, and we encourage you to research and ask ques(ons
Start with these 10 and see if you can come up with more of your own.
1. What kind of support will I get? • Is this text messaging service 100% automated? • Once you sign up can you contact customer support and work with a dedicated account manager or are you on your own? • What happens if you don’t understand their system, or have ques6ons about scheduling or bill payment? Our answer: When you sign up with State of Text you will be given a dedicated account manager that will walk you through the setup process and remain with you throughout the length of your contract. We walk you through the in’s and outs of seLng up your account, give you 6ps and tricks speciﬁc to your industry and work with you directly on all aspects of your text message campaigns.
2. How many messages does this price include? • Will I get unlimited messages? • How are the messages monitored? • Does the price include messages I send out in addi6on to people who text in? Our answer: At State of Text we are always 100% up front with you about the prices of your text messaging packages. We do not “upcharge” you if your customers work with obscure carriers or phone carriers who happen to charge a premium for SMS messages (like Sprint does), and if you have VERY large campaigns – we always oﬀer unlimited packages for your enterprise needs.
3. How many keywords does this package include? • Do I have to request keywords in advance? • What if the keyword I want is taken? • What if I want to change my keywords or transfer them to a new keyword? Our answer: With every account you can have up to 25 keywords in use at any 6me! Since we limit the number of customers we use on our shortcodes, this means that you don’t have to ﬁght or get on a wait list for popular keywords that you may need for your business. We encourage you to use as many keywords as you need for your business and your campaigns so we also oﬀer unlimited keyword packages too!
4. What happens if I go over my set number of messages? • Is there a penalty if I go over my monthly text limit? • How much will I have to pay? Is there a set fee or am I charged per text? • How do I know if I’ve gone over my limit? Will someone alert me if there are too many in the system? Our answer: Some providers require you to pay he]y ﬁnes, or a ﬂat fee for every overage of a text message. When you have a campaign star6ng out it can be hard to determine how many people your message will reach. Each of our plans have generous cushions to help prevent you from going over your limit, and if we do, we only charge you a penny per overage. If you are very concerned, you can always use our unlimited packages and you won’t receive any penal6es.
5. What regula(ons are in place with mobile marke(ng? • Do you follow all regula6ons? • What risks are included with mobile marke6ng? • Can you help me comply with all mobile marke6ng regula6ons? Our answer: We help ensure that you follow all regula6ons and best prac6ces with SMS Marke6ng. From making sure your messages pushes aren’t accidentally sent out at 2am (except in case of emergency), to following proper regula6ons for calls to ac6on and subsequent messages.
6. Can I pre-‐schedule my messages? • How do I know when my message have gone out? • Can I preschedule the date and 6me of their delivery? • Can I view how many people subscribed or unsubscribed as soon as I send a message? Our answer: Our plaaorm allows you to pre-‐schedule all of your text messages in advance, so you don’t have to send them out at the exact 6me they need to be delivered. You can view subscriber ac6vity in real-‐6me and view any pending or scheduled messages in your dashboard console.
7. How many other customers will use this shortcode? • Is this shortcode used by lots of other customers? • Can other customers using this shortcode delay the delivery of my own messages? • If a shortcode becomes too popular with another campaign, is it possible that it could hurt my own marke6ng eﬀorts? Our answer: We purposely limit the number of clients we allow to use any given shortcode. In this way we allow our customers to have freedom to pick from a variety of keywords and also free up space for many clients to send and receive messages without clogging the system. If you are interested in having a shortcode that you don’t share with others, we can lease you your own speciﬁc shortcode.
8. How long have you been in business? • Have you been around a long 6me? • Is your company compliant with MMA and CTIA guidelines? • What happens to my database if you suddenly go out of business? Our answer: State of Text is one of the pioneers in text message marke6ng and has partnered with billion dollar restaurant chains, cable providers and major mo6on pictures to produce successful mobile marke6ng campaigns for over six years. We are not a “ﬂy by night” opera6on that will charge you pennies for your campaign, only to disappear with your en6re mobile database of numbers a few months later. We are in6mately familiar with all of the regula6ons and best prac6ces of the industry and will help educate you so all your campaigns run above board.
9. What does your soXware look like and what else does it oﬀer? • What kind of repor6ng do you oﬀer? • Can I run contests, polls or set reminders for individual people? • What if I want people to opt-‐in to the mobile database online? Our answer: We have a very robust system that not only allows you to schedule and send messages, but you can create custom web pages where you can direct online traﬃc to sign up for your mobile database. You can create contests, vo6ng and polls and we oﬀer real-‐6me repor6ng of subscribers and unscubscribers to your database. Want to use a QR code or push your SMS messages to your social media accounts? That’s all included free of charge in our system too!
10. Can I have a free trial? • Do you want to try before you commit? Ask if they’ll let you take the system for a spin. Our answer: We oﬀer free trials of our so]ware! Let us know how we can help!